Skateboarding

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

karmapolice991 wrote:This thread seems like it is dying off so let me ask you guys a question to bring this back to life. What is your favorite terain to skate, street , vert, mini pipe, legdes, stairs, anthing really.
I'm a ledge guy all the way... I'll do stairs... but I can skate ledges all day. I'm too pusssy to do rails. I mean I can boardslide (the best trick i have on a hand rail is front board), but otherwise, I'm afraid of getting caught up on a rail or something

karmapolice991
Car: 240sx

I skate the streets. What ever I can find I skate it. But i like to grind the most. ledges over handrails. I wish I could skate a hubba but we dont have them in upstate ny

SketchyRollin564
Car: SR hatchback in the werks

adrians_s13 wrote:http://www.skateboard-city.com...12548
LOL!!! damn hes gonna turn pro

E7-S14
Car: ess 14 foo!

new guy herenoob to skating you could say...

current task...master the ollie

adrianfromthecastle

^^ welcome!
E7-S14 wrote:current task...master the ollie
LOL.

next step, flip tricks on grass.

E7-S14

ive got a while before flip tricks..im having problems landing on my board doing an ollie.......sad..yes i know..but ill nail it

adrianfromthecastle

E7-S14 wrote:ive got a while before flip tricks..im having problems landing on my board doing an ollie.......sad..yes i know..but ill nail it
nah its cool, we all gotta start somewhere. the trick of the trick is to envision yourself doing it the way its supposed to. hopefully that made sense

E7-S14

adrians_s13 wrote:nah its cool, we all gotta start somewhere. the trick of the trick is to envision yourself doing it the way its supposed to. hopefully that made sense
yeah i get ya..what i do is tell me self every time to do what im forgetting..usually its to lift either of my feet up.. or slide my foot forward.. ro lean forward.. but yeah..this is officially week one that ive been skating...and no broken bones yet...

I did go to a local skate part earlier..spent literally 6 hours their.. nonstop.. just getting used to things..

im pretty good at ramps.. going up and down them..still need to work on my moving ollie

dropping in to a quarter pipe.. or half pipe.. which ever it was..was terrifying...i chickend out..a fter falling a few times..but i know what im doing wrong.... i need to lean forward more..but i got a nice chip in my board tho.. from the quarter pipe..

..lot to read but yeah..most of this is relativity new to me..had to tell someone ha

SketchyRollin564

lol i hope my crappy ms paint drawings helped you understand some stuff a little better

E7-S14

im more of a visual leaner so..yeah anything i see will help me out a sh*tload

but doing it is the best way to learn

Priceless89
Car: 93 Infiniti J30, two 89 240's, 90 240sx

I did a lot in middle school. That was pretty much all I did. Stopped in 10th grade because little kids started showing me up. thats when I said F*ck it, I'm done. Now i skateboard every once in a while. I hated the bruised shins as well

tnice17

i started in middle school and grew out of it in HS. it was fun

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

I don't know how I missed this thread.

I used to skate A LOT back when. I started at a really young age with some cheap-o banana board my mother bought me from a garage sale (note that this was before double kick tails). She tried to teach me, but ended up teaching me wrong and I became goofy footed because of it. No matter. When the double tail came out, I got a hold of a Maple Hands of God board, with Mack trucks, and some big *** wheels- back when Pac Sun was Good Vibrations, lol.

I had that thing for what felt like forever.

Eventually I got into a groove where we all started driving and went from home to Cocoa Beach, to Tampa, to Orlando on long weekend days. None of us were ever allowed to be gone over night with our cars, and if our parents knew we were hours away all those times...oh man. Anyway, 3 of us got sponsored by the local shops, 4 of us started doing drugs, and the others pattered off. I brought it with me to college in Miami but after landing with just my toes on the edge of the board doing..I think a kick flip over a 7 set in front of the school (thank God I was in front of the school) I slammed my heels into the ground and fractured them both. At that time I was in Culinary school and could barely walk because of the pain.

In the end, I still get on it once in a while, but I'm more of a mini ramp, half pipe, fly box to ledge, and flat rail guy. I can't get out on the street anymore though I'd like to, but now I have a career that require me to use my appendages each and every day. I'll see if I can't scan a few pictures up over the next few days for ya'll. Most of them are at home in a frame in my mom's room, but I have 2 or 3 with me for when people don't believe that I skated.

SketchyRollin564

nice

i dont really do it as much as i used to, i only do it like once a week, basically never by myself or in front of the house.. just actual skate sessions

but for some reason, im progressing faster than i used to.. idk is that normal?

i went on a road trip to tampa the other weekend for two days and it was SICK

we got some footage and two of my friends ollied a pro gap. for the most part, we spent the whole second day just carving through the bro bowl fcking around with the bumps and everything. thats gotta be the most fun spot ive ever skated in my life, and sadly, the city wants to tear it down

karmapolice991

http://wallabeastfilms.blip.tv/#800101 cheek it out tell me what you think....

okinawa drift
Car: 89 240sx SOHCoupe

that you? pretty good man, that tre revert was sick .. haha

karmapolice991

IM the kid in the SUPREME hat.. Im saving most of my footage for a video part thats coming out next spring. The tre-revert was done by my friend andrew grabowski you can you tube his name and watch some of his videos. For a lil kid he is insanely good.

Sordz

I used to skate, I even have 3 volcom tattoo's on my neck

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

adrians_s13 wrote:I like to skateboard anyone else? LOL
Found my old yeah right video, watched koston's part since the majority of the CD skips and freezes and his was the only one that was working properly. Man I miss that vid, just might go out and skate today.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”