Sirius XM problem

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
KCSunflower
Car: 2015 Nissan Murano

I am wondering if anyone has the same problem that I do with my 2015 Nissan Murano. The sirius channel that plays when I get in my car is not the same as the station that was last playing when I left my car. I have contact sirius, dealership and the nissan customer care. No real answers. I have tried all their sugguestion. Sirius says refresh signal (that didnt help) and its a problem with the car. Nissan says turn off bluetooth on my phone (although I dont know why that would fix it) that didn't fix it. Then Nissan said maybe the intelligent key is remembering the settings, so I switched to my spare keyfob that didn't fix it. The dealership put in a new unit for me but its still doing the same thing. 1. Does anyone have this same problem? 2. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

I chatted with Sirius today and they told me that it’s a “convenience” that they offer. If you’re listening to any station that could have adult content it will default to something else (in my case the preview channel) when the car is turned back on. I told him I was on the coffeehouse station when it reset though, so that doesn’t apply. He ignored that and said they do this so that it isn’t playing adult content when the car is started in case someone is in there that wouldn’t want to hear it. I told them I didn’t want this and wanted to change it. He said he had no idea how to turn it off. Chatted with someone else at Sirius who also had no idea how to turn it off. Hopefully someone can figure it out.
This problem is not confined to Nissan vehicles, so it's clearly a SiriusXM problem.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Turn your radio off BEFORE turning the vehicle off. Yes it's a PIA, but it's the only workaround that seems to work (sometimes).

KCSunflower

1. Sirius suggested to me the turn off radio before turning off the car but that didn’t work. Thanks for the suggestion
2. The “convenience” feature cant be the case bc it is stuck on a hip/hop station with lots of explicit language. It keeps going back to a non-kid friendly station. Thanks for the suggestions.
3. You are right it’s not exclusive to Nissan, I saw a board that Tesla owners complaining too.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Well double frack. You're one step ahead of me, and nothing worked. IIRC, the stuff I put in quotes came from a Jeep forum. While neither of my Rogue's had this issue, I did read online somewhere that a Rogue owner has run into this problem.

I've moved this to General Chat to see if we can get more people to weigh in (the Audio Forum gets almost no traffic). With any luck someone else may be able to offer a solution.

KCSunflower

Thank you for your help/support
It’s super annoying problem to have. I really was mostly wondering if any other Nissan owners have the problem, but appreciate your input and help. My dad has a rouge and it doesn’t happen to him so I am at a loss.

Return to “General Chat”