Sirius satellite installed

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
jb88061

Well I finally decided to order the Sirius satellite radio kit and installed it yesterday. Bought the kit online from Grubbs Infiniti and received it two days later. Kit contained everything that I needed.

Installation was pretty straightforward and consistent with the instructions that I downloaded from the internet. It's always a little intimidating to have to pull and tear off a bunch of trim pieces from a $40K vehicle for the first time, but everything came off and went back on perfectly. Best thing of all is that it worked perfectly the first time - registered online with Sirius and had my subscription activitated in less than 5 minutes.

I had Sirius in my previous vehicle and am really glad to have it again. I recommend it to everyone.

If anyone has questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them...

--Joe

SmithSR
Car: 240sx

Very impressive DIY job. I too would have issues with tearing into a rather expensive vehicle... but it sounds like all was done well. very cool. I've been interested in Sirius for a while now, and am wondering, just how does it really compare to XM, (number of stations, quality of stations, quality of signal etc..)and do you think satellite radio is the future, or will most people end up just sticking with pay-free radio?? Sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop concerning the latest in the radio biz. Thanks!

-Phil:)

jb88061

I don't have any first-hand experience with XM, but I've heard that it's comparable in the number of stations as well as the different genres. Sirius is slightly more expensive, but I think that's primarly to offset the cost of providing commercial-free music channels. The latest Sirius directory that I received has 105 channels, with 60 music and 45 news/entertainment. If you're uncertain about which to select, I suggest that you visit their sites on the internet and see if one of the other doesn't have something in particular that you really like.

I live in a rural area that has a real shortage of decent radio stations, but even when I'm in Phoenix on business, I listen almost exclusively to the satellite.

Lemme know if you have any more questions...

--Joe

harold

The dealer wants $400 for the installed Sirius sat radio option. How much did you purchase the kit for and how many hours did your installation take? Did you need any special tools? Where did you download the instructions for installation?Thanks.

jb88061

Hi Harold...I bought the tuner and antenna online from Grubbs Infiniti. Total with shipping was about $325. You can download the installation instructions from their website. Installation time was about 90 minutes and no special tools are required. The most difficult part was taking off the driver side roof rail assembly for the antenna installation. You'll need 10 mm and 12 mm sockets - everything else comes in kit.

$400 from the dealer isn't bad - but make sure that includes installation. I went ahead and did it myself because I like to know how things work and I have some experience doing this kind of stuff.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

--Joe

Return to “Murano Forum”