Sirius Sat radio installed

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Omahafx
Car: any outdoor activities, cars, reading

Had my dealer install Surius radio in my FX35 Friday.......it is worth the money! The sound is totally clear, far better than I was expecting. I am not sure where the receiver is mounted, but everything looks great. I would check it out if you are into pure music - no commercials.:ylsuper

NISTECH

whats the going rates for that stuff,install,subscription, monthly fees?

Omahafx

Paid $320.00 for the kit from Grubbs Infiniti (internet), dealer charged $175.00 for install............you can pay monthly ($12.95), or go with a per year or multi-year plan. I did the one year plan ($142.00) for the best rate per month. Buying the kit is the cheapest route, if your local dealer will install for you, otherwise, they charge $600-700.00 for the total package.

NISTECH

Thats not bad. Plus I would do it my self..now is the kit specific to your model only or can it be put in just about any car?

Omahafx

The FX is prewired for either XM or Sirius......most 2003/2004 cars will be........the kits are specific from what I can tell, at least per brand (Nissan/Infiniti, Honda/Acura, etc.). The prewiring is nice - no head unit to mount anywhere, it's all seamless.

NISTECH

oh so there will be more for older unequiped cars. Oh well. thanks though. We havent installed any at our dealer yet so I dont know what the kit looks like.

SmithSR
Car: 240sx

Keep in mind that most all (generally) higher end aftermarket decks are capable of running XM or Sirius. There's some decent brands that aren't too stupidly expensive that offer plug & play XM or Sirius. Buy the hardware, buy the monthly plan, install "secret black box sat. tuner" and *poof* you have satellite radio..

Alpine is "XM ready", Panasonic uses Sirius,

Those are the two most recent brands I've had, so others such as Pioneer I don't know about, but their website probably spells all that out for you.

I was actually pondering the in's and out's of the Sirius, when I was at work today. Thanks for bringing this issue up, or I might have forgot to talk about it. Also, I'm glad to hear you're pleased with Sirius. Hopefully I'll hear some more pleasant reviews before I take the hit and subscribe.

jb88061

I'm interested in learning more about how to install the system yourself and whether this is a do it yourself type of project.

I have an older Sirius receiver/Kenwood head unit from my previous vehicle that I installed myself - looked and sounded great. I'm wondering if that Sirius receiver can be used in conjunction with the FX's Bose head, or whether I have to purchase some sort of Infiniti-specific unit. I'd rather not spend the $320 for the kit if I don't have to.

Any advice would be appreciated. I asked these same questions to my dealer when I bought the car but they seemed pretty clueless.

Thanks!

Omahafx

Yes, I believe you need to use the kit specified for the FX....if you want everything to run through the head unit. The kit is the wiring harness, antenna, and the receiver. I purchased a Terk antenna because it is about half the size of the one supplied from Sirius. On a side note, I was really impressed that Clarion makes the receiver units for Sirius - should be excellant quality. If you don't buy the extra antenna, the kit is $275.00 approx. The dealer did a great job installing, looks factory. Good luck!

jb88061

Here's the instructions on how to install a satellite antenna and receiver. Seems pretty straightforward - just gotta take it slow and easy.

I'm gonna go ahead and buy the kit. I'm going through Sirius withdrawal (no pun intended) since I've been w/out service since I got rid of my Durango and bought my FX.

Return to “Murano Forum”