Sirius and XM Radio?

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
Big Apple
Car: 2008 Infiniti QX56

I have my Qx56 about two weeks now. It came with the complimentary three years of XM radio with Nav Traffic. My problem is I miss listening to Howard Stern in the morning while driving to work. What's the best way to keep the XM and still get Sirius. On my previous vehicle I purchased one of those small Sirius radios at Radio Shack that plugged into the cigarette lighter and transmitted through an FM station. The reception was terrible and I really don't want to go that route again. I eventually went to a car stereo store that somehow replaced the XM that came with it with Sirius as if it came from the factory that way but in this case I also want to keep the XM. Can a Sirius radio also be wired into the car that will play as well as the Xm that came with it?

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Welcome to NICOclub! Hope you enjoy the website and the forum!

To be honest with you, it would be difficult to pull double duty. You could buy an aftermarket Sirius receiver, but you would would run it to your head unit using an FM modulator. Quite honestly, I would sit tight until the XM/Sirius merger is complete. I think at this point you would be tossing your money out the window by purchasing new equipment and paying additional subscription fees. Just my opinion.

Oh, by the way, how are you enjoying your new ride?

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”