Silvia Digital Climate control Instructions................

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
usdm_180sx
Car: 1993 base model 240sx (s13)

P_Productions wrote:Hmmmm.......

Well here are pics of the sensors and such, just in case someone can verify this. Cause they both have the auto function ?

This is the fan control amp.

P_Productions
Car: 1996 240sx Se

cool thanks!

I should be starting on this very very soon

If i get it to work right I will be doing a very picture intensive DIY

Dammitboy
Car: 92' Nissan 240

We can always use another write-up for this conversion- a different point of view.

Looking forward to it.

braintumor
Car: 240sx coupe, 180sx RHD, AE86

a few quick questions after getting my jdm harness/ a/c unit. did the first 3 steps per your instructions and the DCC powers on and cycles through def,vents, etc and I hear the recirc/fresh air thing move. I know I have to repin the bi level thing. but was wondering about the fresh air/recirc thing. I see on one of the pages he has the jdm one pictured. do I need the jdm one for it to work or does the usdm one work fine? also he has a pic of a skyline blower motor resistor and u say it wont work, fine cause I have the silvia one but u say its supposed to have 4 prongs not 3, but my jdm one has 3 prongs? my plug for it has 4 wires and the blue w/yellow stripe is the one that dosnt have a prong.and finaly u say theres a jdm thermo sensor(pic in red)? I checked and rechecked the a/c unit and it dosnt apear to have been there or broken off. not certain what it is. I didnt get the jdm air sensor from the hood latch support, is it a definate for the DCC to work or just the auto function? will the usdm one work for normal a/c use? I want to make sure I have everything needed for the DCC to work, give me a/c heat and different blower speeds. dont realy need the auto right now. sorry if Im asking something youv answered a dozen times but I read the pages a and didnt see it. thanx for the info so far.

braintumor

OK I have the jdm fan relay and harness. got the jdm plug for the actual fan run to the blue/red on the usdm plug. but where to I tap the wires from the jdm blower resistor plug into? I know u answered this alot but some of the pics dont work for me and I cant figure out from the explain:( this is the final step to getting it going and I just want to be able to turn the fan on/low/mid/high. please help

ericherm1
Car: 1997 Pickup XE 2.4L 4x4 Single cab short box
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR
1991 240sx SE SR20DET + S13 Silvia Front end swap (Sold)

leave the US harness in and use the Blue/Red off of it and tap into one of the Blue/Red on the JDM harness. I just used the US clip that goes to the blower motor so I didn't have to cut the US harness up.

You should have 2 or 3 Blue/Red taps that come off the JDM harness that you have to cut off or tape up. Just use one of those to tap into.

braintumor

just clarifying.... use the usdm harness, plugged into the jdm DCC subharness, and tap the blue/red wire into the jdm blower resistor harness? or use the whole jdm sub harness and dash harness(cut open to weed out only hvac wires) and tap it into the unused usdm harness? sorry, I read it over a few times and need to make sure.

ericherm1
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR

Your confusing yourself. Just push the US harness asside. The only part of the US harness your going to use is the Blue/Red wire and tap it into the JDM Blue/Red wire.

05civse
Car: 91 s13 hatch

sorry to bring this back. I read this whole thing and am lost on how to get the JDM mix door motor to mount-up correctly. In every different way the rod doesn't fit and other things. I just want to know how you guys got it working (JDM one is opposite). I have been thinking way to hard on this and need a mental break. thank you so much for your help!

Oh, I am also doing an SR swap right now and have a 94 180sx front clip. would this be easier if i just used the entire JDM dash harness? thanks

kouki munster
Car: 97 base 240

Check the link in my sig, it has a pic of how I mounted the mix door motor(if you need a few more pic I can get them) and it will answer all of your wiring related questions.

05civse

wow beatupsx, how did i miss that when i searched? anyway, thanks a ton!! Is it okay if I send you a PM if I still can't figure the mix door motor out? I sat there for a while and couldn't figure out how it would work, but I will se if it will work as shown in the pic. also, does the mix door motor rod need any fabrication? I couldn't get the JDM metal end that screws to the shaft coming out of the heater box to fit so I pressed out the USDM nipple/rod (on the metal bracket that the stock manual cable end slides onto) and drilled the hole big enough for the JDM plastic connector (to hold the electric motor's control linkage) to snap into. I basically made a USDM (correct facing) to JDM bracket. does that make sense? anyway, thanks again!

Modified by 05civse at 1:05 AM 4/21/2006
Modified by 05civse at 12:37 AM 4/23/2006

kouki munster

If you need any help email me at [email protected] or just post in my thread. (I'm never on aim)
05civse wrote: I couldn't get the JDM metal end that screws to the shaft coming out of the heater box to fit so I pressed out the USDM nipple/rod (on the metal bracket that the stock manual cable end slides onto) and drilled the hole big enough for the JDM plastic connector (to hold the electric motor's control linkage) to snap into. I basically made a USDM (correct facing) to JDM bracket. does that make sense? anyway, thanks again!
I did the same thing and it works great, oh and to mount the air mix door motor you have to remove the bi level motor(i think thats what is called), its the motor on the bottom right of the air box, and don't worry that motor doesn't work with the dcc (I spent about 15 minuets making sure)

05civse

beatupsx, your thread is locked. I would like to kno what you did about the asperator (i think, the pastic thing on the end of the hose frome the cabin temp. sensor that scres to the air box). I have the JDM version so it is opposite and looks as though it will not fit once the dash is back on. are you using a JDM version or a maxima version? also, you said i have to remove the bi-level motor to install the mix dooor motor. I don't remember removing any other motor (the mix door one was the only motor on the bottem right of the heater box). Thanks again!

kouki munster

I'm using an aspirator out of a q45, from what I've read in this thread the jdm one should work, but if not the max one will. I don't recomend the one out of the q45, it takes to much to make it attach to the air box.

The Japanese s13 shouldn't have a bi level motor, but your car will (I'll try to get a pic of it) the bi level motor has to be removed from your car to install the the mix door motor.

05civse

Yea, I would like to see a pic of that because all I removed from my 240 was the bracket for the mix cable and the linkage to the mix door shaft. hmmm. Anyway, thanks alot for your ongoing help!

oh, do you need to run the JDM thermo sensor (part next to the fan)? the JDM one looks like it doesn't mount the same as the USDM. Im just confused now, I need to go out and do some good hard looking!

RPS13.5
Car: RPS13.5

what are the wire color for those confusions? And is this the A/C box sensor? Your looking at Heater box, A/C box, or the Fan?

RPS13.5

Yea, I would like to see a pic of that because all I removed from my 240 was the bracket for the mix cable and the linkage to the mix door shaft. hmmm. Anyway, thanks alot for your ongoing help!

The way the JDM mounting bracket for the mix door that makes the linkage shorter. Somehow the JDM vs. the USDM mounting bracket are reverse... Any one have an idea, or a picture how to make a custom mounting bracket and have the same JDM linkage, or some might got a longer linkage using the JDM mounting brakcket? I AM TALIKNG ABOUT THE ACTUATOR OR THE MOTOR FOR THE MIX DOOR FOR THE DIGITAL C.C..

kouki munster

RPS13.5 wrote:The way the JDM mounting bracket for the mix door that makes the linkage shorter. Somehow the JDM vs. the USDM mounting bracket are reverse... Any one have an idea, or a picture how to make a custom mounting bracket and have the same JDM linkage, or some might got a longer linkage using the JDM mounting brakcket? I AM TALIKNG ABOUT THE ACTUATOR OR THE MOTOR FOR THE MIX DOOR FOR THE DIGITAL C.C..
I made some brakets out of sheet metal to mount the mix door motor to the air box and I'm using the linkage out of a q45. Check the link in my sig there is a pic of how I mounted it in my car.

I'm not sure about the thermo sensor, I'm still using the usdm one and everything works like it should, but I wouldn't mind getting a jdm sensor just to see if I could tell any differance.

I'll try to get some pics for you tomorrow.

s1ckb0y
Car: 90 s13 hatch-mods-hud,digital climate control,jdm knee braces,ign key illunination, jdm head lights

-edit- i did not search well enough Beatupsx had a good write up on installing it. i swear though like a couple of months ago i couldn't find anyone that didn't say that it was nearly imposible to do, and now after i got mine installed it looks like a lot of people have them done

i got mine to work with the usdm harnes and the jdm sub harnes. you have to bypass the high speed fan relay on the usdm harnes and then re position a few wires on the plug that used to go to the fan resistor and now goes to the fan control amp. it is acctualy very easy, one of those things that after you figure it out you wonder why it took so long. i'll put a better write up on here with wire colors and positions when i finnish my notes. but yea i'm useing the usdm harnes, mode door motor, thermo amp, jdm sub harness, air mix motor cabin and ambient temp sensors, a fan control amp and sunload sensor from a 95 maxima.
Modified by s1ckb0y at 12:25 AM 4/24/2006

s1ckb0y
Car: 90 s13 hatch-mods-hud,digital climate control,jdm knee braces,ign key illunination, jdm head lights

i got mine to work with the usdm harnes and the jdm sub harnes. you have to bypass the high speed fan relay on the usdm harnes and then re position a few wires on the plug that used to go to the fan resistor and now goes to the fan control amp. it is acctualy very easy, one of those things that after you figure it out you wonder why it took so long. i'll put a better write up on here with wire colors and positions when i finnish my notes. but yea i'm useing the usdm harnes, mode door motor, thermo amp, jdm sub harness, air mix motor cabin and ambient temp sensors, a fan control amp and sunload sensor from a 95 maxima.

RPS13.5

Thats a good idea for the reverse copy of the mounting bracket....and I've seen Q45 in the junk yard and have no idea wich part of the linkage am I going to get? also what year is this Q45?

kouki munster

s1ckb0y wrote:-edit- i did not search well enough Beatupsx had a good write up on installing it. i swear though like a couple of months ago i couldn't find anyone that didn't say that it was nearly imposible to do, and now after i got mine installed it looks like a lot of people have them done

I found the same thing when I first started looking for info to do the dcc swap, everyone said that it was insainly hard or just not woth the effort.(one of us needs to tell them where to stick it)

The blue relay in the usdm harness is not a high speed fan relay and you don't have to do any thing to it other than leave it alone. I also didn't have to touch any wires on the plug for the fan control amp, but the q45 and the maxima fan control amp might be different.
RPS13.5 wrote:Thats a good idea for the reverse copy of the mounting bracket....and I've seen Q45 in the junk yard and have no idea wich part of the linkage am I going to get? also what year is this Q45?

The only thing i used out of the q45 was the linkage, I think it was a 92, but any Q45 from 90-96 should work.

RPS13.5

I got mine working well...I did mine totally diffrent from this forum; I never switch any wire pins at all, and it all regards to the 6 pin plug to make it work perfect.
Modified by RPS13.5 at 11:39 PM 4/27/2006

RPS13.5

This is how I rewire this stuff, and the rest are plug and play without moving PINS. All I can see that all the socket plugs are all the same wiring except for this picture below which you can't find inside the USDM 240's.

Modified by RPS13.5 at 11:40 PM 4/27/2006
Modified by RPS13.5 at 11:47 PM 4/27/2006

RPS13.5

By the way; this is how I mount my Mix Door Motor for temporary use, and I am still making the custom mounting braket just for accurate Cold & Heat settings. Reason is just because the linkage is too short for the JDM Mix Door motor bracket. For make job easy they said use Q45 Linkage they are longer...
Modified by RPS13.5 at 11:41 PM 4/27/2006

RPS13.5

This was set up from 5:00pm after work to 8:24pm thats way 3 hours of pain on my hands.

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

The only parts of my digital climate control unit that light up are the center LCD display and the right side of the unit with the OFF, AUTO, DEFROST and RECIRC lights. The blue and red arrows below the LCD unit did light up but stopped about a week ago. I'm thinking that I need to swap the small bulbs screwed into the back of the unit. Any ideas...does anyone know where I can get those small bulbs? I tried AutoZone and O'Reilly's but no go.

RPS13.5

check out other cars like Q45 or J30 with the D.C.C. might have the same bulbs. Or you can buy online a 5mm LED 12v with resistor on any color you want. Then you just solder them into the area where it should go & remember do not reverse the polarity. Its safer to do this if you have a tester.
Modified by RPS13.5 at 7:20 PM 5/1/2006

heatw
Car: 1991 R32 GTR 600HP / 1991 JDM Silvia 400HP / 1992 FD3S / 2001 BMW 525i / 1997 BMW 540i

yeah the guide on here is totally un nessesary, i've been tellign canadians how to do this properly for ages.. only think you have to do is addd that 3rd plug rps13.5 has pictured there.. the rest just plugs right in

and theres one other secret.. to anyone who had wacky fan problems or wierd stuff doing it this way ..

the red yellow wire, in american/canadain 240sx's for illumination ground is a stright ground in jdm cars as they don't have the dimming feature.. this wire must be cut going to the climate headunit and the wire from the unit grounded directly, this will fix any fan issues among others

ericherm1
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR

If you have been doing this for so long then why is everything you just said wrong.

Please explain to me why mine has active dimmer control. Hmmm maybe its because I used the wire maps and wired it the right way and not the half *** way your talking about.

Sorry I just get heated when somebody with 1 post comes on here and thinks there the master of installing these things.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”