Silvia Bumper Support

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Npawns13

I recently picked up a silvia front end to put on my 93 coupe. It did not come with a front bumper support. Is there a how-to or any documentation on here on how to convert the USDM bumper support to work with the silvia bumper?

Ive done some searching and only found one google article with a guy that said he did it, but now how he did it.

Thanks.

Armstec_S13
Car: S13 Coupe

yeah, i have the same question too, i heard i was able to use the usdm one on mine because the 89-90 had the same bumper support, but i can't find anything on it either, are the chuki and zenki S13's the same bumper support?

Dattebayo
Car: 2004 Frontier Desert Runner

First of all, you need a sawzall and some patience. Next you should start with a 89-90 240SX bumper support (so the bumper lights align more correctly). All you really need to do is trim off the front half of the support right where it is seamed together and it should fit. I can't remember if the ends were a problem or not...

It wont be pretty, but it will be better than nothing. Get creative with a welder and the scrap if you want to possibly save your bumper if you get into an accident. Otherwise if you crash, your support WILL rip through the bumper skin without any further modification beyond the trim I suggested. Your call...

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

I have a 93 coupe and I used my bumper support when I did the frontend conversion. All you have to do is remove the support, drill two holes about a inch or an inch and half behind the stock holes. This will allow you to mount the support further back so you can get the Silvia bumper cover over it.

Armstec_S13

yeah, i really don't want to be messing with stuff like that, i'll just get the silvia bumper support, hey how did you get that little coupe in your picture under your avatar? i want one too...lol

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

make one.

1sikS13
Car: 1992 S13 240sx

screw the silvia i spy a 98 regency in the back round............awe shieeeeeeeeet

positron1

1sikS13 wrote:screw the silvia i spy a 98 regency in the back round............awe shieeeeeeeeet

Armstec_S13

ah ha, i found it (this tread) hey i wanted to know how snug the silvia bumper cover fit when you moved the support back, is it snug? i've been looking for a bumper support and people have been flaking on me and i don't want another bumper just for the support, i'm getting so impatient, i've got a 89 coupe and people say it will work seems like every search leads up nothing

positron1

Armstec_S13 wrote:ah ha, i found it (this tread) hey i wanted to know how snug the silvia bumper cover fit when you moved the support back, is it snug? i've been looking for a bumper support and people have been flaking on me and i don't want another bumper just for the support, i'm getting so impatient, i've got a 89 coupe and people say it will work seems like every search leads up nothing
It depends on how far back you drill the two holes. I drilled 1.5 inches I think and it's on tight...as a matter of fact I had to have a friend push on it a little while I threaded the nuts back on the bumper where it attaches to the fender. Don't forget to bolt the section where the air dam is also. Before I did the install I saw pics of bumpers where there was a big gap in between the grill and lights or where the bumper sagged in the middle but mine does neither, just check out the pics above. The first pic is before I put all the surrounding bolts in so there is a gap but the second is after and no gap.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”