Silver State Cl***ic

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Does anyone here know if that race is still run?(also known as the Sierra Nevada State Cla$$ic)

Entry fee?What dates it's usually run?

I am thinking about running it.Maybe if I can get a couple of sponsors from somewhere enough to say, fix my tranny if I fry it, going 170mph..:o

Who knows maybe a bunch of NICO guys can come and meet there next year.And maybe a modded 240SX might wanna run too?

I think with my mods my car is ready, I heard the last Q45 that ran in the Silver State cl***ic had the exact mods I do (or nearly so), with an incredible average mph.

What do you guys think is it worth the risk of potentially fryning my tranny or worse by nearly flat out for 70 miles?

Fred...:icesangel

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Back in 1992, I drove my 91 Q45 from California (just short of AZ border) to Fort Stockton, TX in one go. Most of the trip was at a steady 145mph (for many hours). Average was 130-135mph, including gas stops.

(I eventually traded in that car in Aug 1998 with 102k miles on it - no transmission problems.)

Admittedly, that was in a car about 18 months old at the time. So, I do not know what stresses you might put now on the car going flat out for 70 miles. FWIW, I certainly would not do it on any tire that had any kind of flat and had a patch put in it - i.e., new tires only! With perfect alignment and freshly static and dynamically balanced!

Z

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

And, oh yeah, I learned a few trivial things on that trip. One was that the cruise control does not stay on above 125mph (if I recall correctly)! On my 1986 300ZX Turbo, the upper limit was about 105 mph.

I guess Infiniti figured it was better to stay awake and aware at those speeds ... :D

Z

PalmerWMD

Z I very much agree on the tire issue.

I would only run it with brand new hi end tire (heat cycled once)

Fred...:)

240zx
Car: I like....stuff =P

http://www.silverstateclassic.com

There you go plamer, hope that helps.

PalmerWMD

240ZX

What a great link.Been reading it and posted results for last couple of years, there hasn't been a Q ion there lately..., hmmmm

Thanks!

Fred...:cool:

240zx
Car: I like....stuff =P

Im not exactly sure but i think about in 99 blitz brought out their R34 for the S.S.C. I think it was in the unlimited class. That's one of my goals in life to compete in the Silver State Classic.

sultan

This isn't about the S.S.C. but has anybody done one of the gumball rallies in a nissan/infiniti?

Daunttless

Nope, but Paul and I plan on doing the next one. : ) S13 coupe ( his ) and my much, much, much nicer future s13 hatch. : )

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

thats about the time ill be driveing home from alaska , thatd make up some wicked time on my trip , count me in !!!

oh wait saw the one for may not september , might have to turn around after getting back from florida , 2003 its on !!!!!!vette might be ready, naw think id rather drive the G for the first one then come back a year later packin' ......440 bucks not a bad price either, by then the G will be fully ready .....what ya say fred?

Return to “General Chat”