sigh... can someone help? hearing noise when the fan is turned on...

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
albertwang16

hellos,

recently I have been hearing some noise when I turn on the fan... 1. there are two kind of noises. one sounded like a piece of plastic or scew got sucked into the fan and spin around and the other noise sounded like a switch or some type got stuck when the fan is on. 2. it came from the the center behind the 3 AC controllers 3. it is not a constant noise, I will say 3 of 10 times I turn on the fan to mid or high and I will hear the sound for a second or two then it's gone. almost like that piece of plastic spin around to make the noise then stuck somewhere and the noise is gone 4. there were also times when I turn on the heat and the car started to vibrate, making humming sound like the ramp is high (for this mater, I need to turn off and on the fan a few times and the vibration will be back to normal 5. i took out everything in the glove compartment and I still can hear it

i took it to the nissan dealer and they didn't hear the noise so there's nothing for them to fix (which by the way, I know someone from that dealership is reading this forum, I thank you for your help but the problems still exist and I hope someone here can share some thoughts)

I like the car still but these little problems I have been getting is just... sigh... (I had smoke (not steam, I'm positive I can tell the difference) came out from under the hood about a month ago, took the car in and couldn't find the problem, which I'm glad I don't see it anymore) and now this... don't you just hate you noticed something is wrong and the day you take it in and everything checked normal. you take the car back and you hear it again...

anyway, if anyone who is familiar how the heating system works for the rogue or even have a guess what could be the problem, please help... thanks in advance!

PS. could this be something similiar to the "mice" post??

Al

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

Sometimes when my Rogue is cold, the fan makes a noise like there's a piece of plastic hitting the blades or something. Its not very noticeable, and it goes away after a few minutes of heating up so its not really an issue for me.

tikus
Car: Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

Yesterday I used my aircon and did hear the noise. This fan is not like those with low, med and high speed. This fan is using some sort like frequency drive motor. I think Nissan should refine the fan to get rid of the noise.

albertwang16

so what happend was either the fan or some part were "deformed" possibly caused by a couple of tree nuts (found when they open it up). After the part (don't know exactly what part) was replaced, the noise is gone but another problem came up. The switch that controls the air outlet is no longer working, the air now only comes out from the top outlet. took the car back in again and after a couple of days I was told they would have to replace the entire heating/cooling box.

I'm still not quite sure what was the problem and what caused it but I'm really just hopping this would be the last problem to my rogue.

JRA81984
Car: Rogue AWD SL - Gotham Gray, Black Seats, AWD Premium

I would contact the dealer/manufacturer because it would be covered by warrantee

I had similar noises like you, but with my Rogue.... Mice built a nest in the AC, the noise persisted, but then after a while the AC completely crapped out. Thankfully warrantee had it covered.

Return to “Rogue Forum”