sick of not seeing a new post...

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

Hey vert drivers... we can't possibly go three weeks without a new post to the convertible forum!!!

How's everyone's convertible doing? Or did you all put them away for the winter??? We don't have winters here in AZ :biggrin:

cereal2k
Car: 2009 G37S Convertible,2003 G35 Sedan

Cobra_Kai_84 wrote:Hey vert drivers... we can't possibly go three weeks without a new post to the convertible forum!!!

How's everyone's convertible doing? Or did you all put them away for the winter??? We don't have winters here in AZ :biggrin:
Heya!!!!!
:biggrin:

It's doing good.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Cobra_Kai_84 wrote:Hey vert drivers... we can't possibly go three weeks without a new post to the convertible forum!!!

Yeah - this place is a little slow...

The Vert is great. Recently hit 10k miles in 17 months of ownership and I still smile every time I drive her!

I did just pick up a Jeep Wrangler for the winter so my Vert days will be a bit limited to perfect sun shine which will become quite rare in NJ soon!

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

Same here man! I just hit 12K after 16+ months... I hardly put the top up out here... sometimes only just to put the roof mechanism through its paces once or twice a week to keep it operating smoothly! But it is getting cold out here in the mornings... venturing into the high 40's :rotfl

cereal2k

11 months, 16k miles here. the top is down daily, except when raining and it's below freezing/without sun.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

It's good to see everyone sticking around. The traffic in the forum tends to drop off during the summer but its a bit dusty in here. I guess that says something for the enjoyment level of the car or the business of the owners.

How about maintenance costs, tire wear reports, and modification or issue updates as new topics.

Stay safe and Happy Holidays all,

cereal2k

SteveTheTech wrote:It's good to see everyone sticking around. The traffic in the forum tends to drop off during the summer but its a bit dusty in here. I guess that says something for the enjoyment level of the car or the business of the owners.

How about maintenance costs, tire wear reports, and modification or issue updates as new topics.

Stay safe and Happy Holidays all,
Hahaha, don't get me started. Yeah either people are busy or just in when they have an issue. Not everyone is "active" in the online word vs the real world.

Cobra_Kai_84

Well sometimes no news is good news... in this case, it looks like we aren't running into too many problems with the convertible... especially the first run 09 models.

My complaints have been minor, and almost none of it mechanically or performance (except terrible city gas mileage, but that's probably my fault gunning it all the time). Only issues that I still have is the rattling when the top is up (its due for a lubrication spray) and the damn outside temp gauge is very off (always reading 8-10 degrees high)...

I got the 2010 seat belt retractor mechanism put in, and it works great for the most part. Sometimes when the seat belt retracts, it get stuck at the very top and the belt refuses to come down and I have to wrestle with it...

probably will need new tires within the next 6 months, will have to check the current tread depth...

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”