Shuts off when put into gear

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
whitethreehundredzx
Car: 1993 nissan 300zx 2+2

Am having an issues where my 300zx while die after I try to put in in reverse or drive. The car will start right up but the rpms are usually higher then normal, but goes back down once it warms up (which should be normal from what I know). Ive fixed a small fuel leak it had and checked for any vacuum leaks as well, but can't seem to find the issue. Read some where to try and disconnect the TCC solenoid and It should will only affect my fuel mileage. If someone could help tell me where the tcc solenoid is at that would great or any other solution too.
I have tried looking for similar post and searching diagrams also before anyone suggests to search the forum, but thanks for anyone that can help :bigthumb:

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

You shouldn't unplug things. If you're experiencing poor mileage you should find out why.

Shutting off once in gear can be a symptom of a bad or more likely dirty aicv. it's on the back drivers side of the intake plenum. take it off and clear thoroughly wiht carb cleaner or similar.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

I imagine it would be somewhere on the trans harness, check the FSM in my sig.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”