Show me your iPhones!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
merrygangsta

Hi guys. I just picked up my 2015 Nissan Rogue SL yesterday and I already love it! I had an Xterra like 10 years ago and always wanted back in a Nissan AWD vehicle.

But I digress. I love this vehicle but where in the heck am I supposed to put my iPhone? It doesn't look like the top of the dash is a good space for the iOttie I was using because it feels like the structure of the thing would block the middle of the windshield. If I leave it down in the tray, I cant see it while i am driving for navigation (or Shazamming excellent tunes that come on Tom Petty Radio).

I never like affixing expensive electronic devices to something that is going to blast it with 90° air, so that is kind of out. Also it's an iPhone 7 Plus with a Lifeproof case on it, so it's not exactly tiny.

So what do you do? Show some pics if you've got them. Also if you have a non-iPhone device, I'm not interested. Just kidding. So what's the ideal, popular solution that all the cool kids are doing for their mobile devices?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I bought this for under $4 on eBay from China.

It's too small for my iPhone 6 Plus so find one that fits yours.

I usually use a rubber band or my daughter's hair tie to keep it on.

The great thing is during the summer the air con keeps my phone cool especially when I connect it to the twin dvd rear monitors so kids can watch youtube. Thing gets hot streaming vids.

I direct air above or to the sides if I like also.

There is a knob that sticks out of the bottom but I replaced with a screw from the local hardware store so I can see more of my pioneer screen for the backup camera or music videos ( listening of course).

Just make sure the thing that clamps on your phone is wide enough, I am too lazy to get a new one. :werd:

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

I used the iOttie One Touch 4 on the middle front edge of the dash centered between the vents on my previous Rouge and current Murano. Stays put with the gel pad to place the mount on and does not get in the way at all. I keep the cord from in front of the screen with two 3m command clear hook.
Ken

D-Rock
Car: 2008 Rogue S AWD
2009 Rogue S AWD
2011 Rogue S AWD
2014 Rogue S AWD

I purchased a CD Slot phone mount, removed the rubber strip that goes in the slot so that only the thin metal blade was left. I jammed the metal blade vertically into the panel gap to the right of the radio display. It''s incredibly solid, sits at the same level of the radio, doesn't cover any vents or displays and charges very well since it sits just above front storage area. It's an MPOW cd slot phone mount, $16.99 on Amazon.ca.

I've tried magnets, suction, vent mounts and even a custom mount for my previous Rogues from ProClips USA. This modified CD slot mount is easily the best I've ever had.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

i got me a vent clip holder to put my Galaxy S8+ after I upgraded it from a Galaxy S 5. But, at times I still throw my phone into the glove box and the drivers door side pocket.

At times I do put my phone under the climate control area, but my phone has that chunky OtterBox Defender case on it. However, any plus sized phone will not fit in that small area. (Nissan should have increased that size with the 2016 update at least).

Best idea is to put that phone away in the glove box, door side pocket, center console so it won't distract you while driving.
Last edited by datechboss101 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add more info, didn't want to have double post.

Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with the 2015 interior, but on my 2008, I've got a nice flat spot below the air controls, where I've got a suction-styled holder with a nice strong flexible arm. It's been up all summer, going to be put to the test this winter but it's been amazing, would highly recommend one with an arm, those stationary, single angle ones just aren't convenient, I find.

One thing to check when buying is to make sure that your phone fits (with case), and that you have good access to ports like AUX/charger, etc. I bought and returned 2 from walmart before finding one I really liked.

Big Red Rogue
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

I put mine in the center armrest console or the little slot between the drink holes and the armrest. My iPhone 7+ fits there ok.

merrygangsta

Update: Based on all your recommendations, it seems like a CD mount might work for me. I got this thing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K5 ... UTF8&psc=1 and it's cool, super secure, but it kind of aims the phone too up in the air. If I try to have a Facetime conversation (while parked, of course, duh), it basically just aims at the top of my head at a rather unflattering angle. It doesn't seem to articulate enough; the Rogue CD slot seems to face up and out.

I will let you know when I find the super ideal solution.

Return to “Rogue Forum”