Should I order the wheels along with my new summer tires?

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
dontaskwhoiam2001
Car: Infiniti i30 1996

Thank you for reading this and I hope you could share your thoughts, if any.

FX45, 2008

I will order a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X summer tires thru the dealer so that i can take off my current snow tires.
If I do not order the wheels, will this cause any damage to the tires when switching tires twice a year (before Winter and before Summer)?

The wheels quoted by dealer are not the type I like, they look quite aggressive.

Thanks
Jack

Sinecure

I have two sets of wheels for my car. I much prefer it to remounting the tires every spring/fall. I'm sure they would survive the typical 3 seasons I get from each set (4 seasons typical for summer tires).

Depending on where you are, you might keep your eyes on the various forums, Craigslist and let your dealer folks know you'd love to find some used stock wheels. Plenty of people replace their stock wheels with bigger ones. I found a set for my old MDX like that. If you end up with two different wheel sizes, I'd suggest opting to put the summers on the bigger wheels and winters on the smaller ones.

I originally went this route because I thought I'd save money by putting my own wheels on/off. What I found was that I can usually dream up a service date where the service calls for a brake inspection. If they're going to inspect my brakes, they have to remove the wheels, right? So, then you won't mind putting on the wheels in the back and putting the others back there, will you mister service guy? Of course you don't need to charge me for that since you're already doing the labor. Thank you. :bigthumb:

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”