Should I keep my 00 Frontier, or get an 06 Xterra?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
USC Justice
Car: 88 Desert Runner, 02 Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 QX56, 09 G37S Vert, 12 Pathfinder Silver, 15 Q50

Some might find this to be a foolish question, but here it is, should I keep my 00 Frontier Crew Cab, or trade in on an 06 Xterra.

The truck is long since paid for, and if I trade in, obviously that means a new car payment. Additionally that means that I would no longer have the spare funds to play with upgrading the Convertible 240SX.

My truck has about 110K miles on it now, and has been a solid truck. I just have been feeling that it is down on horsepower from what I would like to have. I know the shocks are completely wore out, and it's time for some maintenance to be done. At the same time, I can get the NISMO off road shock kit for a ridiculous price, as well as the intake. I have also toyed with the idea of putting the factory supercharger on the truck, as I have most everything needed sitting in the garage. Throw in an exhaust, 2 inch lift kit, and a power moonroof and I think I could be happy with my truck again.

On the other hand I have driven the manual transmission Xterra, and am in love with the power, and how comfortable it is. I also like the interior space.

What do yall think?

USC Justice
Car: 88 Desert Runner, 02 Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 QX56, 09 G37S Vert, 12 Pathfinder Silver, 15 Q50

Well no one has seen fit to post any comment at all regarding my dillemna. I think here is were I am at.

On monday most likely I will be trading my truck in on an 05 Xterra S model. It is a left over at the dealership. less than 100 miles of test drives on it. It is 4 wheel drive, with the 6MT. It has step rails, and all the other usual trimmings. cargo cover, all the cargo netting, first aid kit and so on. Best of all, as it is a left over, the deal should be pretty amazing.

LEMHEAD16
Car: '12 Genesis Coupe
'95 QofDOOM
'56 Chevy pick up

Noooo don't do it!! Actually I recently bought an 06 frontier. I absolutly love it. The X-terra should be just as nice but after Making a few months of car payments. I wish I had something that was paid for and I had more money for the 240 project. If the old frontier is still in good shape I would put some money into the suspension and engine and keep myself with no Car payment. I guess it is a personal decision but i say no way. Good luck!

USC Justice

Well ended up getting a better deal on another Xterra S. All the same things I described earlier, only no 4x4.

Red Brawn in Color.

That's ok with me, as I like the color of this one better, and the price was about 4500 cheaper.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Hey, sorry that this forum is such a dead-land. I bought an 05' S model 4X4 and love it. I just turned 13k on it, I have a 97' Q45 and a 84' 300ZX and I drive the X-Terra way more than either other car now.

There are lots of other cool goodies you can buy for the car too. I plan to add all the undercarrigage covers (they have them for engine, tranny and gas tank) and cool stuff for the roof racks. I'm getting a hitch put on this week (from an aftermarket place, Nissan wants way too much).

Did you get the 6 speed MT?

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”