Should I get a G35 and get rid of my...

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
ru4racn

2000 SVT Lightning?

Don't get me wrong I LOVE my L, it is a FAST truck, but it has no room and from the first time I saw the G35 I loved it.

What to do? I'm a little concerned that the G35 will not have enough for me. Are there mods for the G35? I'd like to get it into the low 13's. Is this possible? I have not even driven it yet but I know that I like it. I figured that I would lurk around here and get as much info as possible.

BTW, my brother has a SRT-4, they are REAL FAST, but it's a P.O.S. Dodge. What do you want for $19,900, it is the best bang for the buck out there, kinda like the old 5.0 Stang, which I had two of. It may be time for me to grow up and get a G35???

What do you all think.

Mike

GeeThreeFive

Believe me, if you want to grow up, then the G is not for you. It will make you feel like you are young again or at least younger than you are.You need to go drive one and that will make up your mind for you. Let us know what you decide.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Night and day difference between the two vehicles, and I mean more than layout and bodystyles.

The Lightning is relatively unrefined, a stripped down work truck with a big engine and some body side cladding (no offense). Much like an old musclecar.

The G Coupe is like a Rolex in comparison - Drive it, flog it, enjoy it - You'll see. :)

ru4racn

I agree with all, I must drive one. Looking for a used one, any help out there.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Welcome to Nico.

Yeah, I agree with everyone else so far. You have to take one for a test drive to get the real feel for it. I loved the car just looking at it, but then after driving one, it was so much more. The car is amazing.

You should be able to get it into the low 13's. There are quite a few mods out now and there will be more the longer the car is out. Of course, the most performance improvement will come from supercharging or turboing the car.

As for used, they are out there and they seem to have a pretty high resale value. Good luck. Let us know of any questions you have.

ru4racn

Thanks, rydwhite. I'm going to drive one this week!

g35driver
Car: Power kite flying

One test drive and you too will no longer be the same. Four door or coupe it's one awesome car.Kev...

rydwhite

ru4racn wrote:Thanks, rydwhite. I'm going to drive one this week!

Been a couple months. Are you the owner of a G35 yet?

ru4racn

NOT YET!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thinking of a cobra convrt now, still love the g35 coupe:confused: :confused:

I GUESS I'M JUST VERY VERY :confused: :confused: :confused:

:help :help :help

Thanks!

Mike

GeeThreeFive

Just wait, when you see the car for you then will have no problem deciding. It took my a year and I just couldn't find the car with my name on it, until I saw the G35.

rydwhite

ru4racn wrote:NOT YET!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thinking of a cobra convrt now, still love the g35 coupe:confused: :confused:

I GUESS I'M JUST VERY VERY :confused: :confused: :confused:

:help :help :help

Thanks!

Mike

What were your thoughts on the G? Is it just lacking the power you want? I know how it is when looking for a car. I was pretty set on a BMW 330 or the 350Z when I saw the G and I knew that that is the car I should have.

It seems to me that if you are looking at the Cobra then you want a little more muscle. If you were to go with the Cobra, would you wait till 05 when the new design is released?

MOTOP
Car: 04 G35 sedan

rydwhite wrote:What were your thoughts on the G? Is it just lacking the power you want? I know how it is when looking for a car. I was pretty set on a BMW 330 or the 350Z when I saw the G and I knew that that is the car I should have.

It seems to me that if you are looking at the Cobra then you want a little more muscle. If you were to go with the Cobra, would you wait till 05 when the new design is released?

New style Mustangs will not have SVT model untill late 2006.

If you really like the G but want more muscle, get a used coupe with ~20k miles and invest the difference between new model into S/C. Stillen has 3year/36000 mile warranty in its supercharger systems. Install and tunning will be a tad more than 5k. If you want a convertable, take same path but with Z Roadster. Will be more expensive.

ru4racn

Thanks for all the info, you all are real supportive and cool. I still do not know what I'm getting..I'll keep you posted.

:ylsuper

rydwhite

MOTOP wrote:If you really like the G but want more muscle, get a used coupe with ~20k miles and invest the difference between new model into S/C. Stillen has 3year/36000 mile warranty in its supercharger systems. Install and tunning will be a tad more than 5k. If you want a convertable, take same path but with Z Roadster. Will be more expensive.
That's not a bad idea. Get a used 6mt coupe if you can find one. Then add a supercharger or if you're really feeling lively with the money get the Greddy tt kit. Now you're talking some nice power.

Stu Segal
Car: G35 Coupe, Silver, Aero / '06 C6 6.0L

I don't understand why someone who's into trucks would be interested in a G35SC - but that said:

I have a G35SC - it's a great car. Quick, fast, good handling - but it's not a torque monster. I wouldn't waste my money on blowers, turbos, etc - if american musclecar torque is what you want, the the best buy, dollar for dollar, is a Vette. A Coupe is really only a few bucks more than a G35SC, and you get a warranty (just try convincing your Infiniti dealer to fix anything under warranty once you install a blower).

Don't wast your time or money on a G35 if you're one of those guys who's always dreamed of owning a Hemi RoadRunner. Just my opinion - I love my SC.

Stu

ru4racn

Yes it is a truck, but you do not have a clue what driving a lightning is like. I love all performance vehicles and I'm ready to get back into a sports car. I'm sure I'll get used to the lack of hp and torque, just as I'm getting used to $2.20gal fuel. You are probably correct with aftermarket parts on a G, my experience with aftermarket mods is that they pretty much ruin the vehicle and all of the "tuners" are full of crap. Not to mention warranty issues.

The other day I was driving next to a guy in a gray G35mt and I spoke to him at a light, he said what all you guys say, LOVES CAR!!! Everyone I speak to loves this car.

Thanks

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”