Short Trip MPG

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jmbones

Had to go pick the wife up in her Rogue, so I filled up the tank and reset the mileage. I know this is only a short trip (30miles) but it would've kept the same mpg had I kept going the same speed and road. Traveling at 55-60mph on cruise, a/c on:

It's great that this vehicle can achieve 8.5mpg OVER what is listed on the sticker for hiway travel. (SL AWD)

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

Sorry to burst your bubble but the MPG calculation on the gauge is never correct. It is usually very optimistic. The only true MPG is when you do the calculations.

Leo2005

I don't have a trip computer but on my sl awd the best i can get from my calculations its 29-30 on highway. And that's only when I drive no more than 65mph. By statistic every 5 miles over 60mph will increase burning gas up to 7% and on some cars it starts even earlier than 60.

jmbones

I know the computer is not dead on, but it is also not off by 4mpg either. I'm sure if I do the math, it would be pretty close, +-1-2mpg.

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

I did the math on a long trip on the highway from N Indiana to the Wisc. Dells Simply dividing fuel used into miles traveled.. near 100% cruise there gave 30.4 (gauge read 3l.4) On the way home I got hung up in Chicago traffic and the number dropped to 28.8(gauge read 29.6)Average speeds ran 65MPH.. which my Rogue likes to hum at the best.

Results are, that on my Rogue, on the highway, at steady speeds it KICKS butt over the EPA est. which no matter how you look at it it IS phenominal.

My computer is only off by about 1 mpg..not bad.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Thanks to the Scangauge, I have now access to partial numbers on my drives.

This morning commute, 55kms, I did 7.5l/100kms or 31.4mpg, mostly highways at 110km/h or 70 mph.With the traffic jam on the way to home this afternoon, I won't probably be able to do that good and go back to the 8l/100kms range.

The tires are now at 42psi, doing a little experiment to see if I can gain mileage like that. Ride is a little bit noisier and harder... but it is always bumpy on quebec roads anyway That is ok with me, especially if there is a gain (tire wear should be better too), but my wife will be the ultimate judge, she has a more sensible butt sensor than me .

Return to “Rogue Forum”