Short throw shifter

All things Altima Coupe.
RobPaulson
Car: 2013 Subaru WRX

phobs wrote:When Racingline offers the final product and hopefully introduces it with a GB
i was hoping so much that since there seemed to be more than one person with it that it was out already . . . <cry> STS was going to be my first mod until I found out there was none, i've been waiting forever for this thing! lol

mpbclutch33
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5L, 6-speed, Radiant Silver.

Group Buy! Group Buy! Group Buy!

I think some of us are starting to recover from the Christmas Debt and I can't wait to do this. Now, we just have to find some decent weighted Reverse Lockout Shift Knobs.

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

what does the added weight shift knobs do???

Talk to medhi - he knows where to get it, he may have even posted a link to a shift knob site

Blackmobile
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S Super Black

I got the STS installed and man you guys without it are missing out. Can't even compare the feel, you just need to have one. it's a good deal for something you can really feel instantly. love this thing already, though i don't think it's necessary to get a heavier shift knob, but it wouldn't hurt that's for sure.

mcheddadi
Car: R8

Blackmobile wrote:I got the STS installed and man you guys without it are missing out. Can't even compare the feel, you just need to have one. it's a good deal for something you can really feel instantly. love this thing already, though i don't think it's necessary to get a heavier shift knob, but it wouldn't hurt that's for sure.
Belive me when I say that YOU NEED a heavier shift knob. if you like your short throws, YOU WILL TRIP BALLZ when you try it with a heavier shift knob. the car guys will know what I mean when I say that the with the knob + sts + MTF you car shifts better than an s2000!!!!!!

Seriously guys, GET A FREAKING HEAVIER SHIFT KNOB!!! min 340g !!! its THE BEST FEELING EVER!

go check my knob sticky in the interior mods section.
dldjros69 wrote:The instructions say pry gently. They should have read - "use all the force you can".
LOOOL! thats soo true! I had to pull like mad on that little fker lol

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

SEVERAL MEMBERS wrote:Group Buy! Group Buy! Group Buy!

Guys Joe at racingline knows you want good pricing on this, and its in his best interests to make it available to all of you at a good price (which he as always been providing, even at NON-GB prices he is more than competitive)

Keep it classy

Blackmobile

mcheddadi wrote:Seriously guys, GET A FREAKING HEAVIER SHIFT KNOB!!! min 340g !!! its THE BEST FEELING EVER!
Fine fine you've converted me to the dark side.. I just went ahead and got a Razo RA96 from ebay for $60. After some new transmission fluid i'll be shifting like a pro

mcheddadi

Blackmobile wrote:
Fine fine you've converted me to the dark side.. I just went ahead and got a Razo RA96 from ebay for $60. After some new transmission fluid i'll be shifting like a pro
hell yeah! give us ride impression!

I can't say enough how GODLY the shifting feels!and amazon.com is running a special price with free shipping for that razo for all you lucky amercians!

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

So i guess you are telling me to upgrade my tranny fluid... (checking the sticky)

LBC - i love how u get all fired up about group buys. If i didnt have this part already id be screaming group buy, and freaking out to racingline that i want this part now.

Racingline

well I'm glad the response has been nothing short of excellent. I picked up the parts and sent them off for anodizing today. I have the 23rd listed on the site, however I think they'll be ready by about the 19th/20th.

I'll post a new thread with GB info in a few days.

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

dldjros69 wrote:LBC - i love how u get all fired up about group buys.
Racingline comes thru with a GB!

Dj, the reason why sometimes GBs get a bad wrap is that a seller may say something like "they will be $xx if we get 30+ sold", like KPTechnolgy GB went... leaving people upset if we dont meet the mark and they dont get the part, or have to pay more than they originally anticipated.

Joe @ Racingline is on par with what we look for and how things work, thats why he continually offers us great pricing leaving smiles on everyones face and Racingline parts in all our coupes!

Pick Up a battery tie down from racingline too, Im rockin it! (hanukkah present from my gf)

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Racingline wrote:well I'm glad the response has been nothing short
"Short" haha - that is pretty good. Is that a joke.

Lbc - you are correct, and that is a great example. Im just messing with ya.I have nothing but good things to say about racingline. They are definitely on par with our exceptions if not exceeding them.

LinkNuc
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Super Black 6MT, Loaded minus Moon Roof Deflector

Guys/Gals whatever, lets just get these things. I have been begging for a STS. I imagined it would be about 1/3 throw shorter as almost all are whether billet or not. I know when I put my friends in his C5 he was stoked...now, granted that was an easy fit with the fail-safe hurst billet (33%) but if you have driven a C5 you know how ridiculously ape like throws they have....Ours stock is acceptable but man I miss the "flick of the wrist" I had w/Z-tard

GreyZone
Car: AC 3.5 SE 6MT Dazling White

mcheddadi wrote:amazon.com is running a special price with free shipping for that razo for all you lucky amercians!
Just ordered a Razo RA96 off amazon, they had one left! (Thanks for that)

How does the stock shift knob come off??

phobs

Twist it counter clockwise.

lilojoj
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

hey mcheddadi! what kind of tranny fluid are you using now? i think ill do that first then buy a sts

mcheddadi

lilojoj wrote:hey mcheddadi! what kind of tranny fluid are you using now? i think ill do that first then buy a sts
A mixture of 60% MTL /40% ML-90 (Both from REDLINE) http://forums.altimas.org/zerothread/332828

check my tutorial for info

GreyZone
Car: AC 3.5 SE 6MT Dazling White

phobs wrote:Twist it counter clockwise.
I thought there was a set screw??

mcheddadi

nope, only twist and go!

ursus
Car: 07 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

1 more week until release?

phobs

lilojoj
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

Just bought one!!!

II Knucklez II
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 6MT

LinkNuc

I paypal-ed the Fu*K out of that too!!! RA96 on its way.

Alt.ImaCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe

LinkNuc wrote:I paypal-ed the Fu*K out of that too!!! RA96 on its way.
Me too. Can't wait! Although it's shipping USPS which can't be fast to Canada....

LinkNuc

Depends, usually stuff gets across the border fairly quick. Really depends on value/size. I have got Pure capsacin (holy hell be careful with that stuff It will iterally burn your skin (hands are ok for the most part but any on your face, you'll have a purple/red burn for 2 weeks) in 3 days from Canada and it came in a little vial and its whitwe powder lol.

I know its as hot as hot can get on the scoville scale 15-16 Million, but it is actyually dangerous, i couldn't imagine getting on a mucus membrane or another ahem area

Blackmobile

Alt.ImaCoupe wrote:
Me too. Can't wait! Although it's shipping USPS which can't be fast to Canada....
Are you sure it's being shipped usps? racingline is in canada so i don't see how that makes sense. it'll probably go canada post in which case you should get it faster than our southern counterparts.

mcheddadi

the shift knob maybe he was talking about

Blackmobile

ah gotcha, i have to pay more attention. i'm eagerly awaiting mine too which is also coming by usps, lets see who gets theirs first.

Alt.ImaCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe

Blackmobile wrote:ah gotcha, i have to pay more attention. i'm eagerly awaiting mine too which is also coming by usps, lets see who gets theirs first.
Yes, the shift knob is what I'm waiting for. Coming from Arizona as I recall. The race is on!

Once it warms up a bit, I'll try the redline fluid as well.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”