shopping advice? 00 or 01 Lexus LX470 ($14k) or 04 or 05 QX56 ($10k)

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
ahreno
Car: '06 Infiniti QX56

I'm shopping for a nice used suv. Right now my choices seem to be coming down to a 2000 w/ 125k or 2001 w/ 136k Lexus LX 470 from a pretty reputable dealer (both about $13-14k (timing belts was replaced on the 00 and they're low miles The other choices are infiniti qx56 about $10k from private parties. 2004 w/ 125k or 2005 w/ 136k.

I'm looking to get some feedback people more knowledgeable than me. I'm pretty car dumb.

I'm 6'6" so i'm shopping for a vehicle i fit good into... this is why i've ended up at the full size SUV's. I live in northern california on a sort of beat up gravel road... other than that i don t really "offroad" but i do need 4x4.

I do pull trailers and this vehicle will replace my 03 f150 (forgive me). I dont plan to haul much inside the vehicle but it will happen.

I have a kid and significant other but the family wont grow past that.

what am i giving up/gaining by paying more for a 3-4 year older lexus vs the newer qx? are there any others i shoul;d consider besides the respected land cruiser, sequoia?

Looking for any advice i can get. I'd more than likely keep the vehicle for 5ish years.

ahreno
Car: '06 Infiniti QX56

i should note, i'm in the middle of nowhere so i can't test drive each vehicle to decide without a 4 hour drive each way, or in the case of the lexus, an airplane ride (not many of either available anywhere near)

marctronixx

I ASSume you are asking this question on a pro toyota/lexus site as well, because if you are not you will get pro nissan/infiniti praise here.. ;-)

that said, do NOT get an 04! I dont care if it has 2 miles on it.. i would not even consider an 05. those years had some issues (lots of plastic in the interior, small brake rotors, other nonsense).

06 and better bro. if that is not an option, look at the toyota.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”