Shop that can alter speed limiter and rev limiter?

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
johnnybravo
Car: 2003 altima 3.5 se v6 cold air intake ground kit voltage monitoring system upgraded brakes

:wtf2: Does anyone know a business that can take speed and rev limiter out of programming on 2003 v6 Altima automatic?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO!

I've revised your title and thread. By the way, you do know WTF doesn't stand for Want To Find, right?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

A rev limiter removal on an automatic doesn't make sense. Your torque converter is going to select your shift points for you and your engine build will select the redline for you. So, if you have a stock engine, you want a stock redline. It is my understanding that to change the shift points, you get a different torque converter, which will allow higher revs before changing to the next gear. For a speed limiter, an old trick was to remove the overdrive position sensor, but I'm not sure about that working for an automatic or even a modern car, you could try it temporarily (which is useful since you only temporarily go past top speed at a track, airport or strip). Jim Wolf Technologies is a great company that does tune Nissan ECU's. I'm not sure about what they have for your vehicle, but I would surely give them a call. They'll at least point you in the right direction.

Return to “Engine Tuning”