Shocks resolved.

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

I figured this is worthy of its own thread if it helps one member avoid the clunking nightmare I’ve been chasing for almost 2 yrs. 2019 I noticed a leaking front right strut so ordered Gabriel ultra quick struts, (always had good luck with them) which I anticipated would ride harder and they did. From day 1 I had a hollow clunk coming from the front left. I proceeded to replace every suspension component thinking that maybe the stiffer springs revealed some underlying issue, plus it’s an 09 with 140k on the suspension, the cvt and engine has 48k and the cars pretty much mint so why not. I finally had enough and scoured the bowels of the interweb to come up with a replacement or find out who was mfg Nissan suspension parts back in 09. Mando is what I came up with. Supposed oem supplier. Advance auto had them for an unbelievable price and with the discounts were 25% less than the Gabriel’s. If they sucked I still had the Gabriels who are sending me a new set BTW, so props to them for honoring their warranty. I’m happy to report that these are the real deal, lowered the front back down to factory height, quiet and smooth as silk. The mandos are made In Korea while the Gabriel’s are China and side by side the quality is extremely evident. Maybe I got a bad Gabriel but the harsher ride was a huge turnoff even without the clunk. Now to replace the sensen rear shocks I’ve loathed from day 1. I can’t find the matching mandos anywhere so I’m waiting of fed ex to deliver a set of Sachs who makes about as good of a shock as you’ll find….I hope.

00pathyse
Car: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Sedan

How did the Sachs workout? I have been looking to replace my front struts on my 07 SE. I usually go KYB and have always been happy. I have seen the Mando quick struts for a good price. Are you still happy with them? Do they ride firm? I am hoping to firm the front end up like it once was.

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

Like riding in a farm wagon. I replaced those with the matching mando and much much better. I figured the Sachs would settle down but after a few K I gave up and swapped them.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”