Shift Simulator

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Mopar400
Car: ???

Does the 2019 rogue ctv have a shift simulator? I am looking at purchasing one and the dealership said that "shifting" on acceleration is normal. Our last car was an older Altima and did not act like this so that is why I am concerned.

Below is a link to a short video clip of the "shifting".

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NaueeL7XKguwnc4X9

Thanks!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Yes it does. It's computer generated, and I think it can be turned off.

KoiMaxx
Car: 2017 Rogue SL AWD

Rogue One wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:57 pm
Yes it does. It's computer generated, and I think it can be turned off.
It can? I wonder if it's also possible on the 2017 as well...
DStep is probably the most useless feature the could be implemented on CVTs

NMD
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum AWD
2011 Sentra SR
2022 VW Jetta SE (wife's car, please don't hate)

If it can, it's not in the manual.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

NMD wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 pm
If it can, it's not in the manual.
1). Kudos. You'd be amazed at how many people don't bother to read their Owners Manual.
2). Not everything is in the Owners Manual. For example, this is from the EX35 forum:
C456D wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:06 am
There is a service menu where some of the configurations can be changed, but I did not see any option to switch off the speed sensor. Here is how to get the menu:

1. Start the engine.
2. Turn the audio system OFF.
3. While pressing the “SETTING” button, turn the volume control dial clockwise or counterclockwise for 40 clicks or more. (When the self-diagnosis mode starts, a short beep will sound.)• Shifting from current screen to previous screen is performed by pressing the “BACK” button.
Clarification for everyone:
3). I said "I think it can be turned off." I'm still trying to confirm whether or not this feature can be disabled. Until then, for the sake of argument, we'll assume it cannot be disabled.

NMD
2011 Sentra SR

Rogue One!
Thanks for everything you do here, I really do appreciate the info you provide in your posts. I was too quick to post.
You're absolutely correct, not everything is in the manual, for example I think I read it here about the mirror tilt function when backing up, before it appeared in a manual (I had a 2017 back then, and the feature was only listed in 2018 I think).
Take your time, it will be interesting to see where this thread goes. Pseudo shifting is not how the CVT is supposed to work, Nissan must have done it for a reason, so if there is a way around it, I'd like to try it and see if there is anything to it.

P.S. I read the manual before I buy a car (if I can) and after :). Nissan is one of the few companies that make their manual available and downloadable for free, and that's a big + IMO.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Thank you NMD!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I really thought that I'd read somewhere that the D-Step could be turned off. Nissan calls it an 'option' when it fact it's a normal function. Poor choice of wording on their part, if you ask me. Anyway, after some additional research, everything I've found indicates that the program is integrated into the CVT, so there's simply no way to bypass it.
As far as I know there is no way to disable the silly/inefficient simulated gear shifts...

Nissan really should have provided an option to disable this silliness for those that understand why conventional shifting behavior is unnecessary/inefficient.

NMD
2011 Sentra SR

Rogue One
Thanks for digging! I had very little hope, but still... Anyway, I'm on my 5th Rogue, so I kinda got used to this pseudo shifting.

rabidus
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue
2012 Nissan Quest

NMD wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:12 am
Rogue One
Thanks for digging! I had very little hope, but still... Anyway, I'm on my 5th Rogue, so I kinda got used to this pseudo shifting.
Maybe a transmission shop can reprogram it. I feel the fake shifts is a waste also.

NMD
2011 Sentra SR

rabidus wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:27 pm
Maybe a transmission shop can reprogram it. I feel the fake shifts is a waste also.
I fear that, even if successful, this would negate the warranty. Mine is leased, so I'll suck it up. Besides, except for this fake shifting and a piece of s*** stereo, I like the car.

Papapoil
Car: Nissan Rogue S AWD 2019

I've noticed that the shift simulator does not seem to work in Eco Mode. But Eco Mode is so depressing...

Return to “Rogue Forum”