Shift paddles activating when not in manual mode!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Roguerunner
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Hi,everybody! I noticed last night on the way home from work,I accidentally hit the left shift paddle & it downshifted! I was in regular drive mode & not manual mode! This doesn't sound normal! Please give me insight if you have some!Thanks!

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Roguerunner wrote:Hi,everybody! I noticed last night on the way home from work,I accidentally hit the left shift paddle & it downshifted! I was in regular drive mode & not manual mode! This doesn't sound normal! Please give me insight if you have some!Thanks!
This is not a problem, it's the way they are designed to work. You have 2 ways to manualy change ratios, paddles and console "gearshifter".

Lightforce18
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Black on Black. SL AWD. Leather. Moonroof. Premium.

yea but if ur not in manual mode on the shifter at the bottom. Once u break and slow down. It goes back to D if you were just using the paddles. If u wanna drive in manual mode u gotta put the shifter over to manual

coach258

I think this is a nice design. When I need a little more power or I want to pick the speed faster, I down shift using the left paddle and it will automatically shift back to D when you are up to speed.

brogue
Car: 2008 Rogue

I also thought this was a flaw at first, but I found it in the owner's manual. With the paddles, you only stay in the new gear for a short time (5 seconds?) then it returns you to Drive automatically. And yes, they work even without moving the shifter into manual mode. All as designed.

Return to “Rogue Forum”