shift knob change

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
luxurycarg37s
Car: g37s coupe

i am thinking about changing my shift knob in my 08 g37 i wanna go to a all solid color or some kind of carbon fiber look and feel... but i have to idea how to get it off i have tried turning it and pulling on it { probalaly not a good idea but i tried} i only wanna replace the shift knob and leave the boot bag. so any help on how to get if off.??? i am not mechinacally inclened at all nor can i spell well for that matter as you can see so if anyone is willing to take the time out to give me a nice and easy step by step process on how to get this thing off it would be greatly appriciaetd i have to idea how and i dont wanna break it

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Should just twist off, at least every other Nissan I've known does. Might take a lot of force though.

suby01
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35x

very simple
on the top of the boot the plastic ring right under the knob, grab that and pull it down.

then you expose the entire shifter. there is a U shaped clip holding your knob on. slide that off.

slide off the knob.
Last edited by suby01 on Tue May 18, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggie

Well holy crap, never knew they weren't twist off.

Should it be clarified which is AT and which is MT?

luxurycarg37s

ITS A MANUEL TRANS sorry for the caps did not notice it was on... ok i will give it a try and thank you very much for the pictures it helps a lot when there are pic rather than someone just saying twist it off and biggie i am not saying your not knowledgable just using it as a example as just a sentence in how to do it vrs a picture explaining it

biggie

Figured you were dealing with MT and I haven't looked at the MT shift knob on Gs before. I'm just too use to '90s Nissans.

luxurycarg37s

thanks anyway but i brought the laptop in my car and looked at the pics you posted and tried to do it that way but i cant pull down that ring like you showed ikd... o well its not on the top of my list i just bought lambo doors.. i know they are getting played out but most of the time i hear someone say that chances are that person does not have lambo doors nor can afford them. and he is just hating on the other hand it could be someone who has had them for a while and dont like his anymore but the truth is in my eyes .. when you park your car and its all nice and clean with nice rims and you put both of those doors up... its still gonna turn heads and look cool... and thats why i am getting it because i think it looks cool got them from verticaldoors.com at a good price it started at 1350 and by the end of the deal i got it for $1,000 including tax and shipping.. now just have to find somewhere to put them in with out paying more than i payed for the doors them selves found a few places but they wanted all over 1000 for the install and three days with the car sooooooooooooooo keep looking i say

rm34

I have 04 sedan and want to know how hard is to switch the shift knob? Thanks

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Manual or automatic? There are actually some nice videos on YouTube that goes over both options, just need to search for them.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”