Shaved Handles on a VIP?

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
youngq45r
Car: Red 1993 Infiniti Q45- Was Granny Driven Perfect... Until I got T Boned...

What do you think about shaving the door handles on a VIP project? Is that something that fits the theme? Or the emblems, Antenna, Custom tail lights, things or that nature? I'm definitely sahving the handles on my Q, Then Tieing the Bags, Doors, trunk, gas door, window's, sunroof, alarm, remote start, all of onto 1 remote! (12 of those things at least) How is that for slick?!?!? Imagine. Just hanging in the parking lot next to your bad@$$, Laid out ride, and with the push of a button you can do any combination of 12 different things!!! What do you guy's think?Am i wanting to do a taboo thing?Anybody else want to do this too?

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

Shave what handles on the Q?

The door handles are perfect, they don't stick out and flatter than any other cars I have seen.

I am with you on the remote though that's not bad.

PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

Shaved handles are a pain in the a**. Especially when the person behind you gets the car after you rip out the wiring when something goes wrong. Or if you lose your remote. Or if you leave your remote &/or keys in the car because you were rushing. Or if you're getting chased. Or if it's raining. Or if your remote/wiring goes haywire, battery dies etc.It's also embarrassing when you forget you have shaved door handles and reach to pull the handle. Also passengers wouldn't like looking stupid grabbing for a handle that isn't there. You get a few chuckles the first 5 times, after that their griping gets tiresome.

But, I'm not telling you not to do it....it's your decision.

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

shaving isn't big in vip, but that doesn't mean you can't do it. most of my cars have been shaved but my q won't be.

youngq45r

Ok, Cool!! That will make my Q that much more different. And As for worrying about locking you keys in your car... The kit i sell comes with an 8' Emergeny Release cable and a waterproof release button. just in case you do lock you keys in, lose the remote, or whatever. And the cable is nice just JUST in case of a dead battery too.

How about Suicideing the back doors? I had a customer come in last week that had a Q and bought a 12 channel shave kit, a suicide kit, and Keyless Entry/remote start/ alarm. Gonna send me pix when its done. That will be 1 SICK Q!!

BLACKonBLACK98

suicide rear doors is another thing that hasn't really caught on in vip.

theres really no rules, it's a look. just because it's a modified q doesn't make it vip and just because it's a mod not popular in vip doesn't mean you can't integrate it into a vip build.

the first step is understanding what vip is and all the different facets of the style. then you won't need to ask "is this vip approved?", you'll just build a car and it will or won't be depending how you go at it.

youngq45r

Wow. Thank you very much.The more i think about it, i guess im not REALLY doing a TRU VIP. Cuse im not 1 for the streached rubbers, or INSANE amount of negative camber, but at the same time, i want the bags, body kit, 18's to 20's... I want something that knowmatter who the spectator is, they can look at my Q in a lot, or on the road, and say DAMN!Also, stuff like this seems to be looked down apon on the normal Q forum.

BLACKonBLACK98

again, you need to really understand vip before you speak on it. stretched tires, camber, etc. are not what make a vip car. they are not even required, they are just common attributes that are misused more times than not in the u.s.

but i can dig exactly where you are coming from. i can tell by the mods you talk about you're coming from a similar scene that i did when i got into vip. just soak up the game from those who have a grasp on what it's all about. don't be fooled, most people who talk on the web about vip outside of vip specific forums are right with you as far as being clueless.

or on the other hand, just say f**k vip and do what you're comfortable with. just don't go advertising it as vip cause that's how all the confusion starts in the first place.

*edit - and yeah... the main q forum should only be used for maintenance questions as far as i'm concerned. them cats got their heads so far in the fsm that they don't know anything but. ask a question or make a comment about a legit mod and the best they can come up with is "oem".

youngq45r

BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:or on the other hand, just say f**k vip and do what you're comfortable with. just don't go advertising it as vip cause that's how all the confusion starts in the first place.

*edit - and yeah... the main q forum should only be used for maintenance questions as far as i'm concerned. them cats got their heads so far in the fsm that they don't know anything but. ask a question or make a comment about a legit mod and the best they can come up with is "oem".
haha. very true. they are helpfull... at the proper time and place.

Thanks for the info man. New guys like me wont learn all of the details without help from all of you. Thanks again,I think that I have decided that i will start a new style VIMT! Very Important Mini Truck Style, haha. Nah. But i am going to take a lot of ideas from the Minitruck Scene.

Return to “VIP Forum”