Shark fin antenna replacement

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
3d1l
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Hi there!

Using the search tool I found this post post5846060.html but the site from where the OP bought the antenna is under construction. Anyways $70 is way expensive.

My father have a 2008 Rogue SL and I have Mitsubishi Lancer the rubber cover of my original antenna broke and peel off so I decided to replace it. I found this one from China for about $15 free shipping:

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6052889310.html

I wasn't expecting much but I didn't care that much either because I mostly use an MP3 player. To my surprise the antenna works perfectly for me. Long story short my father saw it and now he want one. I'm not sure that that model that I get from China will fit on the base of the Rogue and I read that the screw of the Rogue antenna is not standard, right?

Does anybody knows of any other alternative that works similar to that one that I get from China but that doesn't cost more that $30?
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix link

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Have you tried eBay? Prices range from $14.50 to $22.50.

3d1l

Rogue One wrote:Have you tried eBay? Prices range from $14.50 to $22.50.
Of course!

I tried, Google Shopping, Amazon and Ebay

But in my price range all I can find are non-functional, decorative, dummy replacements.

Can you please provide the link for a functional one?

Thanks.

Qashqai

Does 08 Rogue SL has navigation?

If it has, the bottom of the antenna is larger than a base/SV Rogue. It has the "GPS receiver" there. That cover won't fit.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Sorry, but on your budget you'll have to go with the cheap Chinese knock-offs, and hope for the best.

3d1l

Qashqai wrote:Does 08 Rogue SL has navigation?
No, it is just AM/FM radio. No XM or navigation.

Rogue One wrote:Sorry, but on your budget you'll have to go with the cheap Chinese knock-offs, and hope for the best.
That was exactly my expectation when I ordered the antenna from China for my Lancer and to my surprise it is working very well. Here is the thing, I use AliExpress.com and DealExtreme.com to order items from China but those sites doesn't have an antenna replacement for the Rogue either. Can you provide a link for any of those Chinese knock-offs that you know? please.

Lets say that the budget get bumped to $50 Will that help? The antenna that I get for my lancer looks better in terms of frame and amount of adhesive material, than the one from Visual Garage and it cost me less than $15.

Any ideas?

3d1l

Hey people, I did found one for my father's Rogue!

It even looks better than the one I get for my Lancer, smaller, more stylish and better antenna pattern array. It seems better quality overall. I wasn't able to find one because in China the Rogue is known as the Nissan TIIDA Qashqai. Anyways the antenna works on the same principle, a blank covers over your stock base where you have to screw a cable that connects the antenna. With my lancer is working just fine. Let see when it arrive if it works as good with my father's Rogue. I will keep you post it.

Total cost was $23.00 with free shipping.

hawaiiguy
Car: Nissan Rogue 2011 SV Indigo Blue

Hey guys,

I'm a new member and Just want to show my shark fin antenna on my nissan rogue 2011

3d1l

Ok it finally arrives and is not only working... it giving better reception. I'm still a little skeptic but is working.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Cool! The biggest gripe I have about my factory antenna is the loss of XM signal going through wooded areas, or passing directly in front of large buildings. :facepalm:

keitarosan
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue

Rogue One wrote:Cool! The biggest gripe I have about my factory antenna is the loss of XM signal going through wooded areas, or passing directly in front of large buildings. :facepalm:
This is my biggest issue with the OEM antenna as well I will get these shark fins too. Where'd you get it? My Rogue is an Iridium Graphite color. I wonder if they have that color so I can hide the black antenna.

3d1l

Ok, the antenna has been thoroughly tested and this particular model in my father's particular driving area, is working better than the stock antenna. That doesn't necessarily applies for your area but for ours it is working better.

Again this are only covers that goes on top of the base of the stock antenna, no XM, no GPS, no naviagation :nono:

only FM/AM radio.

Here are the link for the models that I have found so far. I'm just giving the link so you can see the different models not the best price. There is one particular model that you can find for $15 with free shipping (expect long delivery delay), so keep searching on the site or ebay:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/car-radi ... 44896.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/J-SRACIN ... 97473.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-New ... 20222.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Modern-I ... 44200.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-d ... 26728.html

Don't worry if the are listed for a different car model they all work on the same principle. You remove your antenna screw the cable where your stock antenna goes and use the industrial double tape to glue the cover to your car.

lilone21804
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

hawaiiguy wrote:Hey guys,

I'm a new member and Just want to show my shark fin antenna on my nissan rogue 2011
Hey, where did you order your shark fin antenna from? Do you have the base model rogue or an SL? I want to order a shark fin antenna, but I have a 2012 Rogue SL with the XM and navigation. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be truly appriciqted.

Nammer403
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

Hey guys, my antenna on my 2014 SL snapped off anyone know how much it would cost to replace? Is it super important to have the rod for, GPS, radio, XM. etc

Thanks!
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

Rear antenna rod is for AM/FM radio reception not GPS/XM.

Rogue514

Hi, I'm looking to replace the antenna on my 2015 SL Rogue as I don't have enough clearance to get into my garage. I could technically get into the garage but the antenna bends quite a bit and I guess it will eventually get damaged.

I would need an approximate 3" antenna or one of those shark fin ones, I just got quoted $200 for the installation of one.

I can't even take the antenna off even though the manual says it can be removed, that could be another option if I don't lose too much radio reception. We don't have satellite radio so that is not an issue but I listen to a lot of both AM and FM.

Any tips on how to remove it or I'm I just a weakling. :chuckle:
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

You can replace it with a shark fin cover, but the base remains in place (the mast unscrews). Watch this video:

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

wrap some painters tape round the antenna, take some pliers, and twist counter clockwise

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Damn how do you walk in your garage then? Or open the trunk. Do you live in the Shire?

wjreese
Car: 2012 Rogue SV

Hi!

I just bought a used 2012 Rogue SV. I'm loving it so far. My radio, however, gets lousy reception and it finally occurred to me that my antenna must be missing. I'm attaching a pic of the antenna base, and wonder if you could tell me if the old antenna was snapped off. Is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks!

Bill
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

colonelcasey
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

You can try using a screw extractor kit to try and get the broken part of the antenna out of the socket and then replace it with a new one. If that doesn't work, you may need to look for a replacement of the entire base assembly.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

wjreese wrote:Hi!

I just bought a used 2012 Rogue SV. I'm loving it so far. My radio, however, gets lousy reception and it finally occurred to me that my antenna must be missing. I'm attaching a pic of the antenna base, and wonder if you could tell me if the old antenna was snapped off. Is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks!

Bill
Welcome to NICO!

We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Merged with existing thread. Your answer is in the posts above.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

pink_cooler
Car: 17 Pathfinder Plat

3d1l wrote:Hey people, I did found one for my father's Rogue!

It even looks better than the one I get for my Lancer, smaller, more stylish and better antenna pattern array. It seems better quality overall. I wasn't able to find one because in China the Rogue is known as the Nissan TIIDA Qashqai. Anyways the antenna works on the same principle, a blank covers over your stock base where you have to screw a cable that connects the antenna. With my lancer is working just fine. Let see when it arrive if it works as good with my father's Rogue. I will keep you post it.

Total cost was $23.00 with free shipping.
It was called X-trail in Asia market (Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Japan). Not Tida nor Qashqai. Vehicle code is NT32 for AWD, T32 for FWD. Just search NT32/T32 from aliexpress you will find out more items rather than just searching Rogue, hopefully that would help.

Mopar_Ray

Anyone replace a antenna base on a 2014 Rogue? My daughter had her antenna mast snapped off in a car wash. It snapped off the the screw that screws into the base. There was not enough of the screw left to grab on to to remove. I tried to remove screw with a left hand drill bit and only managed to ruin the threads on the base. thinking I may have to remove the headliner to replace the base?
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Mopar_Ray wrote: thinking I may have to remove the headliner to replace the base?
That is correct...

Go to page 222

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2014%20Rogue/AV.pdf

Mopar_Ray

04pathse wrote:
Mopar_Ray wrote: thinking I may have to remove the headliner to replace the base?
That is correct...

Go to page 222

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2014%20Rogue/AV.pdf
Thanks, Looks like a an lot of stuff has to be removed? I may call a dealer, I am worried about breaking any goofy clips that are holding interior parts in.
Wondering if I could open the base to get to wiring, and use one of those "shark" antennas that cover the original base?

tsumeone
Car: n/a

I don't see why you couldn't. I bought a shark antenna replacement for my Rogue and it was too small to fit over the massive stock antenna base. I did hook it up anyway to where the antenna screws in to test the reception, and it seemed to work fine - maybe even better than the factory antenna. I believe on the Rogue the antenna only deals with FM/AM and the GPS/Satellite radio antenna is elsewhere.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Mopar_Ray wrote:Anyone replace a antenna base on a 2014 Rogue? My daughter had her antenna mast snapped off in a car wash. It snapped off the the screw that screws into the base. There was not enough of the screw left to grab on to to remove. I tried to remove screw with a left hand drill bit and only managed to ruin the threads on the base. thinking I may have to remove the headliner to replace the base?
Merged with open thread on antenna replacement.

kcob
Car: 2015 Rogue SL AWD

Is it possible to remove the antenna of the 2015 Rogue SL AWD?

Thanks

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

Yes, just unscrew the antenna and the base stays put.

Ken

Return to “Rogue Forum”