Sharing Bluetooth Profiles?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
phantom of the opera
Car: 2008 Venom Red

I have been successfully using the Rogue’s Bluetooth capabilities and have about 20 important phone numbers programmed into the phone system with the appropriate labeling attached. Recently my wife has shown an interest in being part of the techie fun and so she began to practice sharing this established profile linked to the same cell phone.

But the Bluetooth will not recognize any of her spoken names that I have programmed into the system with my voice being recorded. Example: Call “home” is not recognized, only the word Call. We did the voice training procedure as outlined in the manual. After completion there was no difference.

Question: Has anyone successfully done multiple users sharing one cell phone linked to one profile that is recorded in one voice? I believe my solution is to have her inject her voice into the profile for recognition.

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

Voice recognition is a very sophisticated and error-prone technology. Basically when you record your voice, the system uses any future voice commands and compares it against yours, but if your voices are at all different, the signatures that are used to compare each record will be very much different. Training it won't help, as training is generally used for general word recognition, not in comparison to pre-recorded samples submitted by other people.

I think the only solution is to actually enter in the same numbers with her voice as well.

phantom of the opera

FYI,

Anyone reading this that is curious of the results; yes, using different voices in the profile does work.

Exeunt, thank you for your input that was right one.

Bababoosky
Car: 2004 Acura TSX A-Spec (mine), 2008 Nissan Rogue SL-AWD Phantom White (ours)

using different voices for dialing the same number? I have been deathly ill with the flu and have not had time to sit and play with the bluetooth. So if my fiance (primary driver) sets up call "home" and programs in the number, can I program a different number for my "home"?

phantom of the opera

Bababoosky wrote:using different voices for dialing the same number? I have been deathly ill with the flu and have not had time to sit and play with the bluetooth. So if my fiance (primary driver) sets up call "home" and programs in the number, can I program a different number for my "home"?
We have stayed away from using the exact phrases like "home" and instead have substituted the logical first names to call the same HOME number. There is far less chance of error in this case. We have done the same substitution in other numbers. Example: she says "Triple A", I say "3 A's".

Technically, what you asked to do should work though, since the system perceives the two voices as saying different phrases.

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

i havent tried it with multiple users but my boyfriend thinks is hilarious when i'm trying to talk to my bluetooth to make random noises so i have to do it over again.

XbRogue

I use the Bluetooth but not in the way its meant to be used… The whole speaking and training is useless when you can simply use your phone to dial out and it automatically connects.. I already have to look at my phone to see who’s calling, what’s a few more secs to dial out?

BrianV
Car: 07 G35S 6MT, 02 MDX-T AWD

In my G35, the voice tags are linked to the paired phone. Thus, if your wife has a different phone she needs to setup her own voice tags. This is assuming it's the same or similar system as the G35

I find that annoying, but I'd check that your problem isn't due to that. Now if she's using your paired phone without success, then it's another deal.

njr

I am having to shout to have the system hear me. (Output is fine ) Any suggestions?

phantom of the opera

phantom of the opera wrote:Question: Has anyone successfully done multiple users sharing one cell phone linked to one profile that is recorded in one voice? I believe my solution is to have her inject her voice into the profile for recognition.
FYI: I was reading the Nissan directions for working with Bluetooth phone tags and this popped right out of the screen:

To ensure accurate voice-activated dialing, voice tags must be recorded by the actual phone user. I guess I should read more carefully.

Phantom of the Opera

Return to “Rogue Forum”