Sharing a tip

Fairlady, Datsun Sports, Roadsters... whatever you want to call them, this is the place to discuss the Datsun SPL311 and SRL311!
Andy_In_SD
Car: 1970 - 2000 5spd Roadster, 1966 SPL311-1600 Roadster

One of the items I have to deal with is old / sad / missing cables on the 66. The choke cables are not there, throttle cable is missing and the hood release is some piece of crap. If you've been looking, you know that roadster parts are rare as hens teeth, and often what is for sale is just as sad as what you are replacing.

For cables, I am getting them from a bicycle shop. You just go to one of those mountain bike shops and they can fabricate the cables complete with the metal ends on the housing, and the little molded "nub" for the firewall side of the throttle cable. This way they are brand new and won't bind, break or misbehave. Plus they have that "new cable smell", I am replacing with basic black, but if you are looking to doll up the engine compartment, they have other colors too.

This can work for throttle, choke, heater vent cables, hood release. It also can be used for throttle cables on 510's etc...

Hope the tip helps someone.

Andy

Return to “Datsun Roadster”