Setup on a G35 for a S/C (VQ35DE)

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
2005kyleo
Car: 2000 Eclipse GT (Want a G35 Sedan)

Hey im really interested in supercharging a 2005-2006 G35 Sedan but i have a tine a questions about the engine and its capabilities on how much it can stand up to.I did some reasearch and looked into the Stillen Stage 3 kit. Then talking to a friend he mention that the G's 3.5 L is a high compression engine and it may not with stand something like that with out a set of lower compression pistons. The stock engine runs 10.6:1 and on stillen's website they sell 11.0:1 compression pistions and it notes not running a forced induction set up with them. They also sell some 8.0:1 compression pistions and its noted to run them with a forced induction setup. Im wondering with the stock setup being so close to the 11.0:1 pistons and it saying to not use with a S/C if the stock ones need to be changed out. Their Stage 3 kit does not mention anything about replaceing them and i figured if they should be they would make not about it. Also im not planning on adding more boost then what the kit gives. If i want to go more then i think it would be necessary to replace the stock ones to something less.

Next im wondering if the rods would be strong enough for the extra pressures in the combustion chamber.

Anyone know much with this? Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

BTW since i am a student in Nissans Advance Technical Training i have access to the factory electronic service manual. Willing to help anyone with something they need off it.

(Posted under G35 forum but this looks more like the place to put it)

brianw
Car: 4-doors, 5-speeds...

Completely stock internals with careful management and conservative tuning, the VQ35DE in the G35/350Z is good to 400~450whp.

Spin it above the stock 6500rpm redline to 7000rpm or more and expect to only see 350~390whp reliably.

Plenty of guys out there have completely stock motors with raised redlines to 7100rpm at 450whp or better, but I've seen enough VQ's grenade after extended track sessions at that power level that I don't consider it to be terribly safe since all you need is one little thing to go wrong at 7000rpm and 450whp and suddenly you're ventilating the crankcase through the oil pan...

irax
Car: VQ35DER Powered S14.3

the FWD/AWD engines are 10.6:1 the RWD engines are 11:1

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”