Service Visit

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Ok, just got the first service visit done today. I took it in for the TPMS and the passenger airbag cover being loose. The verdict on the TPMS was too much variation in the pressure of the tires from corner to corner! I guess I need both a new air gauge and a course in how to read it cause I checked all four tires and they had 40psi in each one!! The service dept. lowered the pressure to 33 psi and test drove the car. Problem gone, lets see how long that lasts!! I still don't believe it but the light ain't on!!! As far as the airbag cover goes, they couldn't fix so they ordered a whole new airbag assembly. I sure hope they don't have to disassemble anything to get this on. If they do, I am sure it will rattle and not be factory tight. I will hope for the best. As a side note, I checked on the XM stuff. The parts would be a little under $300 and they charge 1.5 hours labor at $80 an hour. So for $420 and tax, we should have XM!! Also, checked on the window tinting, for the 35% metallized stuff, all around was $255. It is going on 9-15 for the tinting!! The service guy said it should not interfere with the TPMS.

toby

Just wondering... you sure you don't want to get Sirius? Just asking...

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

there are those of us that would like to AVOID Howard Stern..

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Tell me the differences between XM and Sirius. Whichever one Howard Stern is on, I will go with the opposite one!!!! Really though, does one have benefits over the other?

Gosh

xm and sirius are pretty much the same in what they offer,even the cost depending on canada or usa is usually only a dollar or so in difference, it is just dj's and certain shows that are different. Sirius has howard stern and martha stewart as their big draws, xm has oprah and a once a week show done by bob dylan which people are really loving. plus of course both have a large line up of music and sports stations.

best thing is just look at their web sites and you can get a channel line up and pick the company that offers the stations, dj's and content you would most like to listen to.

one side note, you can block channels out, so if you like sirius's programming better you can remove howard stern.

voltronguy
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Super Black

One thing to add, if you are a sports fan that is where you are going to notice the difference. They each have exclusive contracts. So MLB on XM, NFL on Sirius, etc. Be sure to look that over closely if that matters to you. They each have a mix of college teams. The music content is going to be pretty much the same, so I would base it on the entertainment/sports personalities that fit your tastes the best.

Either way you go, you won't believe that you ever lived without it. It is worth every penny if you are in the car for even a minute a week.

Ever Victorious

Me likey Armin van Buuren. He has a show on XM. Plus my wife really likes Air America, which is exclusive to XM.

So I guess yeah, look at the programming guides and see which you like better.

electech

Thanks for the XM vs. Sirius comments. I will look at the home pages. Around here, Nascar is big and I think that is on XM. I am just debating on if it is worth the money or not. On trips and stuff, it would probably work out well. I just don't know how much I would use it right now. If you get a permanent setup and decide to by a portable for another vehicle, do you still have to pay the full fee for the second unit? That would be the only downside to a permanent that I see.

voltronguy
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Super Black

electech wrote: Around here, Nascar is big and I think that is on XM.
NASCAR is actually coming to Sirius in 2007, so if that is important to you, keep that in mind.
electech wrote:If you get a permanent setup and decide to by a portable for another vehicle, do you still have to pay the full fee for the second unit? That would be the only downside to a permanent that I see.
I'm not sure of the cost of XM, but with Sirius, additional subscriptions are $6.99 each. I'm sure XM has a similar setup.

Ever Victorious

voltronguy wrote:
I'm not sure of the cost of XM, but with Sirius, additional subscriptions are $6.99 each. I'm sure XM has a similar setup.
Indeed, XM allows you up to 5 units on a family plan... first unit is $12.95/mo, the others are at $6.95/mo each.

Though not a sports freak, XM does have the NHL, which I love.

justmerging
Car: 07 Versa SL w/CVT Cuz I'm lazy

On a side note, the passenger airbag cover is due to improper installation of the airbag at the factory(at least that's what i was told). I took it in to the dealership and they had to completely disassemble the passenger side dash, readjust the airbag placement, the reassemble everything. Now it looks as it should and there are no wierd rattles or anything. I just wanted to ease your concern a little bit. If you question the workmanship of your dealership you should seriously consider taking your car to a different one.

craigv
Car: 2007 Versa

justmerging wrote:On a side note, the passenger airbag cover is due to improper installation of the airbag at the factory(at least that's what i was told). I took it in to the dealership and they had to completely disassemble the passenger side dash, readjust the airbag placement, the reassemble everything. Now it looks as it should and there are no wierd rattles or anything. I just wanted to ease your concern a little bit. If you question the workmanship of your dealership you should seriously consider taking your car to a different one.
I love that a response to the actual thread topic became a side note Was your airbag rattling prior to the fix? I have heard a rattle from time to time and have not been able to find it. I'll be sure to listen more carefully to the rattle to see if it's the airbag. I thought it was somehting in my glovebox, but all that's in there is some paperwork.

For what it's worth, I like Srius better than XM based on the music channels (I am a Stern fan also though). I have Sirius in my personal cars, but I drive a lot of rentals with XM, and have never really been happy with the music selection. I do wish MLB was on Sirius, but you take the good with the bad I guess.

toby

Not for nothing, but a portable satellite radio makes far more sense, as you can enjoy it outside of the car as well as in. I mean, you're paying a subscription... do you really want to have to be in the car to listen to whatever? On another note, looks like XM will be bought out by Sirius soon enough, so maybe it doesn't matter too much which way you go with the satellite thing...

Fen911
Car: 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L/NAV

electech wrote:Ok, just got the first service visit done today. I took it in for the TPMS and the passenger airbag cover being loose. The verdict on the TPMS was too much variation in the pressure of the tires from corner to corner! I guess I need both a new air gauge and a course in how to read it cause I checked all four tires and they had 40psi in each one!! The service dept. lowered the pressure to 33 psi and test drove the car. Problem gone, lets see how long that lasts!! I still don't believe it but the light ain't on!!! As far as the airbag cover goes, they couldn't fix so they ordered a whole new airbag assembly. I sure hope they don't have to disassemble anything to get this on. If they do, I am sure it will rattle and not be factory tight. I will hope for the best. As a side note, I checked on the XM stuff. The parts would be a little under $300 and they charge 1.5 hours labor at $80 an hour. So for $420 and tax, we should have XM!! Also, checked on the window tinting, for the 35% metallized stuff, all around was $255. It is going on 9-15 for the tinting!! The service guy said it should not interfere with the TPMS.
I just looked at my Versa and noticed that the passenger airbag cover is popping out . I am going to take it to the service department to see what they tell me.

justmerging

no i didn't have any noise at all coming from my airbag prior to or after the dealership fixing it. I just found it annoying that my cover was coming up and mentioned it to my service guy when I took it in for scotchgaurd and a waxjob (i prolly could've done it myself but i'm lazy).

electech

Thanks for letting me know that mine is not the only one with the airbag problem. I am very worried when you say that they had to disassemble the whole dash!!! Now, that is all I need, a rattle in a new vehicle. I can not stand rattles of any kind. Just my luck.

justmerging

They don't dissamble the whole thing. From what i can tell they only pull off the cover and adjust how the airbag itself is mounted and place the cover back on. you could probably do it yourself if you had nissan's airbag tool(i think it's just a star bit with a hole in the middle).

Return to “Versa General Chat”