service scams from Nissan dealers !

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

I was in Nissan dealership today to heave my oil changed so they asked me if I wanted my tires rotated it would cost me $ 22.00 I refused this is something I can do my self so why pay them but there was woman behind me with rogue to she wanted oil change and same guy offers her tire rotation for $ 45.98 J this is just clear fact that woman should never take car to shop I always send my wife to heave rogue serviced because she works 2 blocks away from dealership and she can heave it done during lunch time reason I took car today myself was that our front passenger side door handle wont go back to normal position unless you manually adjust to put it in place when she asked them to fix it they said it was normal and there was nothing they could do but today when I asked them to check it out they told me it was broken it was under warranty and they ordered parts to replace and they would give me a call as soon as they get parts so there is another clear fact that woman should heave man to take cars to shop if they don’t want to pay double price or if they want their cars to be fixed normal way !

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

That's why I usually take cars in myself. While my wife is no fool there are too many dealerships who try to take advantage for a couple bux.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

If it was going to happen anywhere I am not surprised its in New York.

That is pretty messed up I would be looking for a new advisor. Maybe the women was being sold a rotate and balance. That's pretty much what my shop charges for a R&B. Maybe the writter had no idea what he was talking about, it's a pretty high turn over job and it may take a while to find one you have a good repour with.

AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

shavimusha wrote:I was in Nissan dealership today to heave my oil changed so they asked me if I wanted my tires rotated it would cost me $ 22.00 I refused this is something I can do my self so why pay them but there was woman behind me with rogue to she wanted oil change and same guy offers her tire rotation for $ 45.98 J this is just clear fact that woman should never take car to shop I always send my wife to heave rogue serviced because she works 2 blocks away from dealership and she can heave it done during lunch time reason I took car today myself was that our front passenger side door handle wont go back to normal position unless you manually adjust to put it in place when she asked them to fix it they said it was normal and there was nothing they could do but today when I asked them to check it out they told me it was broken it was under warranty and they ordered parts to replace and they would give me a call as soon as they get parts so there is another clear fact that woman should heave man to take cars to shop if they don’t want to pay double price or if they want their cars to be fixed normal way !
Bay Ridge Nissan or King Nissan?

gi'me

I'll back that up. My wife took her Mercedes to the dealership last Friday to have the rear brakes changed along with other stuff -- $1,000. She reads the itemized invoice to me. To my amazement, for $1,000, the dealer put on new brake pads but did not change the rotors! WTF!

Roli
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue, 2006 Murano

While at the dealership with my Rogue I asked what service is perfomed at 30,000 for my Murano. Low and behold the service writer pulls out a photstat copy of the service recommended for 30000, 60000, 90000. at a cost of $525 plus $140 for CVT fluid.

Change engine oil and filterChange CVT transmission fluidchange air filterreplace charcoal canister (when applicable)replace PCV filter (when applicable)Adjust Co, Ignition timing and idle speedLube hinges, locks and weather strippinglubricate chasis fitting( when applicable) fitting installation addition costrefill window washerreplace brake fluid and bleed systemDrain and bleed the radiator (yes bleed)Adjust brakes ( self adjusters) Rotate tires, and balance Front tires onlyChange gas filter (non serviceable on murano)Change washer on oil drain plugreplace oil drain plugreplace radiator capChange differential fluid (RWD)remove all wheels check brake wear and adjust as neededadjust tire pressure and check tire wearcheck all lightsinspect all belts and tensionors14 point vehcile inspection

Read the list carefully and realize they are not doing much......

The service tech said to me want to save money, have them do the transmission fluid change only....

daytrippr
Car: 2008 Blue AWD SL model Rogue

Roli wrote:...The service tech said to me want to save money, have them do the transmission fluid change only....
It looks like what they recommend is an enhanced version of the premium service schedulehttp://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/o...e.pdf

Schedule 1 and 2 NEVER have you change the cvt fluid...check it out

I believe (and someone correct me if I am wrong) that to cover your warranty all you really need to do is change oil, oil filters and air filters and have them check hoses and stuff. My dealer does that for $32 (not countinf air filter)

daytrippr

Sorry, I missed that they want you to change engine coolant at 60, 90 and 120 thousand miles...

daytrippr

and spark plugs at 105,000

Nismo_lude

It sounds like the $45 dollars is the total for the LOF and the rotate. Where I work it's 29.95 for an oil change and 19.99 for a rotation, so that would sound about right. The service writer was probably telling you the amount for the rotate alone.

Also, you should never have to have your CVT fluid changed/flushed. The CVT fluid is measure by a deterioration date/number. I believe it is around 218,000. When you reach this number, it is time to change the fluid.

No one has ever reached this number on a Nissan CVT trans. I've checked the deterioration number on a Murano with 165k miles on it, and it was only at 36k.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Nismo_lude wrote:Also, you should never have to have your CVT fluid changed/flushed. The CVT fluid is measure by a deterioration date/number. I believe it is around 218,000. When you reach this number, it is time to change the fluid.

No one has ever reached this number on a Nissan CVT trans. I've checked the deterioration number on a Murano with 165k miles on it, and it was only at 36k.
Does that imply that the CVT fluid is good for the life of the car?

What is the interval when we have to make it check?

philipa_240sx

Pescakl1 wrote:
Does that imply that the CVT fluid is good for the life of the car?

What is the interval when we have to make it check?
According to the FSM, there are only a 2 reasons for changing fluid:

1) The fluid has an unusual colour ie. dark, milky, very viscous (thick)2) The TCM (trans control module) indicates the fluid needs to be changed.

Like Nismo_lude said above, the transmission computer actually reports when the fluid needs to be changed. A Nissan tech hooks up the Nissan CONSULT scan tool, checks the computer and it tells him/her if the fluid needs to be changed.

Nismo_lude, the deterioration date is 210,000 on RE0F10A Rogue CVT.

Read more in the CVT fluid FAQ: zerothread/351240

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

This is crazy. I can't figure out why there would be so much confusion about such an important maintenance item. Roli was told by his Nissan Service Dept. to replace his fluid at 30,000 miles as a regular maintenance item (albeit for a Murano), which totally contradicts the information stating that the fluid never needs to be replaced as part of programmable maintenance. Oh well, I guess I just won't worry about it.

Nismo_lude

philipa_240sx wrote:
Nismo_lude, the deterioration date is 210,000 on RE0F10A Rogue CVT.

Read more in the CVT fluid FAQ: zerothread/351240
Thanks for clearing that up, I forgot the number. I remember talking about it with one of the professors down in New Jersey for Nissan tech training.

roguester
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD, 06 Altima 2.5 S special

I had mine at the dealer for the first service at 6000 kms just oil change $45. + taxI picked up the dealer price & maintenance schedule and for the next service at 12000 kms they charge $105. and all they do is change oil and filter and rotate the tires. Everything else on the list is inspect. Heck I can do that myself and save my dough and I will use better oil (synthetic)18000 kms - change oil and filter 24000km service - change oil/filter rotate tires, again everything else is inspect cost $160. + supplement change cabin filter $82.95Just wondering how many owner do their own maintenance and how many have the STEELER do it for them.

AznJohn22

I'm probably going to a Nissan Dealership tomorrow for my 3,400 miles maintenance. How much money am I looking to spend?? I want to be prepared for it. 100? 400? 800?

daytrippr

AznJohn22 wrote:I'm probably going to a Nissan Dealership tomorrow for my 3,400 miles maintenance. How much money am I looking to spend?? I want to be prepared for it. 100? 400? 800?
You pay no more than $35...for an oil change and visual inspection...that is all that is required...

AznJohn22

daytrippr wrote:
You pay no more than $35...for an oil change and visual inspection...that is all that is required...
$35 every dealership???

daytrippr

AznJohn22 wrote:
$35 every dealership???
That's what mine charged...

solo2

Here is the actual part cost breakdown:oil filter, $5.31 15208-65F01 oil pan drain plug crush washer, $0.66 11026-01M02

cabin air filter, $12.13

All these Rogue parts can be purchased from http://www.nissanpart4u.com

Did the first oil change myself at 500 miles, will change the next oil at 3,000 miles and so forth................

So my first oil change cost is as follows;Nissan oil fllter $5.31Crush washer $0.665 qt oil @$3.99/qt $19.95Total = $25.92 .............

AznJohn22

solo2 wrote:Here is the actual part cost breakdown:oil filter, $5.31 15208-65F01 oil pan drain plug crush washer, $0.66 11026-01M02

cabin air filter, $12.13

Did the first oil change myself at 500 miles, will change the next oil at 3,000 miles and so forth................

So my first oil change cost is as follows;Nissan oil fllter $5.31Crush washer $0.665 qt oil @$3.99/qt $19.95Total = $25.92 .............
Need an oil change @ 500 miles??

daytrippr

AznJohn22 wrote:
Need an oil change @ 500 miles??
Somewhere in these threads there is a discussion about first (break-in) oil change. I have never seen anything from Nissan that suggests an early oil change.

Our driving habits are mostly cool highway miles with little adverse conditions, so we are changing oil at 5K mile intervals.

solo2

Since most of your never researched that all performance engines get a oil/filter change just after motor break-in. All I did is PM. Try putting a brand new engine on a engine dyno, the first thing done after break-in is to change the oil/filter and start the engine tests after oil warn-up.

Repeat it is not necessary but a PM for me and a peace of mind.

Still for that one $45 oil/filter charge, I can do two oil/filter changes. That's why I can do twice as many oil changes in that same time period and will come out costing the same.

roguester

solo2 wrote:Here is the actual part cost breakdown:oil filter, $5.31 15208-65F01 oil pan drain plug crush washer, $0.66 11026-01M02

cabin air filter, $12.13

Wow 12.13 for a cabin filterA sign by the service counter at the dealer where I purchased my Rogueadvertises 82.95 with instalationThe shop rate is $100. hr I guess they charge 1/2 labourBig rip-off

AznJohn22

i won't be charged for them to check this and that??

roguester

AznJohn22 wrote:i won't be charged for them to check this and that??
You're not in Canada friend, dealers here want to fatten their coffers like yesterday

daytrippr

AznJohn22 wrote:i won't be charged for them to check this and that??
Uou have the option of checking those things yourself

AznJohn22

went to Bay Ridge Nissan last week for my first scheduled Maintenance. Free of charge even though it was only an oil change. And I wanted one n half hour for it. Got there @ 8 and left close to 10

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

roguester wrote:I had mine at the dealer for the first service at 6000 kms just oil change $45. + taxI picked up the dealer price & maintenance schedule and for the next service at 12000 kms they charge $105. and all they do is change oil and filter and rotate the tires. Everything else on the list is inspect. Heck I can do that myself and save my dough and I will use better oil (synthetic)18000 kms - change oil and filter 24000km service - change oil/filter rotate tires, again everything else is inspect cost $160. + supplement change cabin filter $82.95Just wondering how many owner do their own maintenance and how many have the STEELER do it for them.
Roguester, something is not right here: I just booked my 12,000 km/6 month service, expecting to have the $100 + service, even though like you said, they do very little more than an oil change. However, to my surprise they said that they would only charge me for an oil change, and all of the extra "check items" on the maintenance schedule would be done, however it wouldn't cost extra. Go figure, its only going to cost me 45 bucks, but why is it so different depending on the dealer? You pay $160 for the second service while I pay $45, that is total crap.

But you know, I'm sure all dealers are like this, not just Nissan - it's just a sad fact I guess.

roguester

kerrton wrote:
Roguester, something is not right here: I just booked my 12,000 km/6 month service, expecting to have the $100 + service, even though like you said, they do very little more than an oil change. However, to my surprise they said that they would only charge me for an oil change, and all of the extra "check items" on the maintenance schedule would be done, however it wouldn't cost extra. Go figure, its only going to cost me 45 bucks, but why is it so different depending on the dealer? You pay $160 for the second service while I pay $45, that is total crap.

But you know, I'm sure all dealers are like this, not just Nissan - it's just a sad fact I guess.
I think you are dealing with a reputable dealer while I am not.This dealer claims they are #1 Nissan dealer in Canada. Yeah #1 rip-offs that's how they got there.When I purchased my Rogue they tried to charge me $300. for a rear bumper protector the part costs $45. I didn't fall for this. They tried to sell me security etching $350. (they said I got to get it ) I said no chance I was about to walk and they backed off. They tried to sell rust proofing oil spray $400. electronic $500. didn't go for it.I wonder how many customers fall for that crap, the only reason I went for the 6k service is they offered 4 free oil changes with every new purchase.I won't be going back there.I did get a good deal on my Rogue SL AWD + premium.

Return to “Rogue Forum”