Service Notice on Brakes

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I just got a service notice in the mail yesterday from Infiniti regarding the brakes on the G. It is just to let everyone know that they are going to replace or turn warped rotors for no cost to the owner and at owners request or when needed, for I believe 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. There has evidently been some complaints about the brakes wearing too quickly and rotor warping.

I think this effort on the part of Infiniti is great and shows just how well ran of a company they are. They noticed that there is a problem or may be a problem and they have made a decision to correct it without any cost to the car owner. This is what a car company is supposed to do.

Ryan

Sack35

Quote »for not cost at owners expense[/quote]

Dude - clarify for us? I assume you mean "for no cost to owner", no?

Take...Luck

rydwhite

Yeah, sorry about that. The post has been edited to make sense now, I hope.

Sack35

Now I get it. I have to agree - Infiniti does a great job supporting their products.

DenverG35c
Car: Motor sports, computer solitaire...

Thanks to Infiniti for doing the right thing. This is the kind of company that I was led to believe I was dealing with.

See my post on the Z upgrades.

Micah
Car: cars, car audio, motorsports

Does the letter specify if the problem is with the Brembos or with the regular Nissan brakes?

NISTECH

No it will cover all brake systems. The maxima had a similar deal white the A33. What nissan/infiniti stress when doing a rotate or any other work that involves removing wheels is torquing the wheels to spec when putting them back on. meaning do not use an impact gun. We all know shops dont do that. The techs are flat rate in most cases which means torquing the wheel would slow them down. The problem is obviously they are using a lower grade metal for the rotors and they are more susceptible to warpage from heat. Warpage is typically caused by heat from heavy/frequent brake applications.

On the 350Z and G35 they have the VDC(vehicle dynamic control) function which can apply the brakes when conditions require it. Well these cars are intended to be driven hard so the VDC it working quite frequently causeing the heat in the rotor. It has been mentioned at nissan headquarters that the Z has been seen wearing out brake pads in as little as 8000 miles. Thats not a good thing especially when nissan quality pads run over 50 bones.

Just some food for thought.

DenverG35c
Car: Motor sports, computer solitaire...

I don't think it does cover Brembo's because my letter says, "...your G35 sedan or automatic equiped G35 coupe..." That would seem to rule out 6MTs.

NISTECH

check on the infiniti's web site if you got a letter there should be a bulletin up on there site now with model specific vehicles covered.

rydwhite

If you check the TSB sticky, I am pretty sure that there was info there as well as to specify which are covered.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”