Service engine soon light on

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
dominicmartino
Car: 2010 Infiniti M35s

Hey guys, so i was sitting in the car with my dog for about an hour with the ac on and the air started to get warm so i checked the temp gauge and it was all the way at the top and my service engine soon light was on since the coolant was running hot. just wondering how long itll take for that light to turn off

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

You should get the code read as there may be another reason for the light and why you overheated.

Costee
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
2012 Nissan Murano SL

Ilya is right. Get the car scanned. You'd probably pull P1217 which refers to overheating from a failure of one or more of the car cooling components. Prime suspects here are the fan control module, the cooling fan clutch, cooling fan relay, and the thermostat stuck closed.

gavnator
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X Obsidian Black, Bourbon Interior, Journey, Navigation
2013 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring

I've found a bad cooling fan control module throws a number of unrelated codes. I'd change out that module first as it's easy and cheap and then the thermostat. :yesnod

dominicmartino

gavnator wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:07 pm
I've found a bad cooling fan control module throws a number of unrelated codes. I'd change out that module first as it's easy and cheap and then the thermostat. :yesnod
are there any tutorials on how to change the module? already know how to change the thermostat

dominicmartino

Costee wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:05 pm
Ilya is right. Get the car scanned. You'd probably pull P1217 which refers to overheating from a failure of one or more of the car cooling components. Prime suspects here are the fan control module, the cooling fan clutch, cooling fan relay, and the thermostat stuck closed.
just scanned it and i am throwing that p1217 code. so i cleared it and drove home, about a 2-3 mile drive, with the ac full blast and temps were reading just fine so ill see if it comes back on later.
if the code comes up, is something 100% messed up or is that just the code that pops up when it overheats

dominicmartino

Costee wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:05 pm
just scanned it and i am throwing that p1217 code. so i cleared it and drove home, about a 2-3 mile drive, with the ac full blast and temps were reading just fine so ill see if it comes back on later.
if the code comes up, is something 100% messed up or is that just the code that pops up when it overheats

gavnator
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X Obsidian Black, Bourbon Interior, Journey, Navigation
2013 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring

I posted a step by step about 1 1/2 years ago. You should be able to find it. Remove the right and left engine covers that just pull out to remove. Remove the radiator and fan cover that connects to the air filter box. There are 2 10 MM bolts. Once thats off you can see the cooling fan module easily. there are 2 10 mm bolts holding it. There are 2 connectors to the module. I removed the bolts first as it makes it easier to remove the connectors. They can be difficult but will release. Take this from experience: only use an Infinitiparts module. Others are cheaper but inferior. Good Luck and be safe.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”