"service engine soon" light...DTC MIL #93 error code?

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
sheadee240

got the check eng light on turned the screw on the ECM to put it in diagnostic mode II and it has only one error code a 93.

DTC MIL 93 doesn't exist in the 1995 Nissan Factory sevice manual?????????????????????????????????????????????????

My car is a 97, but I don't think there are any significant electical differences.

Any help out there????

Thanks

drjohn

I believe that is read as a 0903 code which is the vent control valve for the evap system and is found at the carbon canister.

sheadee240

drjohn wrote:I believe that is read as a 0903 code which is the vent control valve for the evap system and is found at the carbon canister.

Thanks for the reply. Another guy told me that too, but I thought he was just pullen my leg, because he wanted to sell me his carbon canister.

I don't have a scan tool. The S14 doesn't need a scan tool to read codes. You can pull the ECM (forgive me if you know all this) turn the mode set screw wait 2 secs turn it back (with ignition on)and count the 0.6sec flashes which equal 10 and count the 0.3 sec flashes which =1 and add em up.

I got 9 flashes @0.6 sec each followed by 3 flashes @0.3 sec each, which is a 93.

I'm guessing that this 0903 is if you use a scan tool, because you get a whole diffferent set of codes that way. Anyways thanks for the help and let me know if I am making any sense or not.

If I'm reading it wrong, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Cuz, I thought I was doing it according to the FSM.

Anyways thanks alot for your help

Thanks again,

Shea

drjohn

You got the counts right just put a 0 in frt. if the flashes are less than 10. A code 1008 would be 10@6 and 8@3. The vent control valve could have a leaking o-ring, a broken or dirty connection, or sometimes insects make nests in the vent line and clog it.

sheadee240

Yup, I was looking at a 95 FSM to diagnose a 97 S14, I thought they were the same deal, but the diagnosis codes are different.thanks a lot!!!

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but where is the The vent control valve? The FSM says how to diagnose it, but doesn't say where it is exactly.
drjohn wrote:You got the counts right just put a 0 in frt. if the flashes are less than 10. A code 1008 would be 10@6 and 8@3. The vent control valve could have a leaking o-ring, a broken or dirty connection, or sometimes insects make nests in the vent line and clog it.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”