Service Engine Soon Light at 200 Miles?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
EX55

Just picked up my new EX and after only 1 day of driving, the Service Engine Soon light came on. The light is on continuously (not flashing) which could mean its a loose gas cap or an emission problem. I checked the gas cap which seemed okay.

Anyone else get this light immediately after taking delivery?

I will let you know what the dealer says.

EX55

Took it into the dealer today, and the light went out just before I arrived. They put it on the computer anyway and confirmed it was the gas cap vapor lock and not an emissions problem. Whew!!!

A little frustrating but at least there was nothing wrong with my brand new car. I guess the person who filled up the tank for delivery, left the cap loose. It then took 2 days and 100 miles for the light to come on. Strange, but lesson learned.

sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

Same thing happened to me at about 450 miles after first fill up. I was driving on the highway doing 80 mph and the light came on and I almost **** my pants. I read the manual and it informed to check the gas cap and it would go off in a couple of start ups, in which it did. \y last car did the same thing but a strange little symbol lights up which means gas vapors released. The service engine soon light is a little scary if you don't know what it means.

EX55

sluday wrote:... and the light came on and I almost **** my pants.
Agreed! My wife was not happy since the car had only 100 miles. She pointed out that the light was on, and there was a long moment of silence. The manual says it may take a few driving trips for the light to clear. On my short drive to work I pulled over 3 times to turn off/on the engine and nothing. It took a 15-minute drive to clear the light.

Now I am happy.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”