Serp. Belt Help!! PLEASE

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
BCLUTE
Car: 2011 G37x

SO I just changed my alternator, and was able to get everything bolted back on including the electrical and the two long atl bolts. problem is, now I can't get the serp belt back on to save my life. Is there a trick to doing this? I still have the tensioner pulley loose, by having and Allen wrench stuck through each hole so it doesn't spring back to it's default position. PLEASE PLEASE, if anyone has run into this issue, or know how to fix it let me know. This is the only big thing left on getting my car back up and running.

Thank you!!

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Is the alternator in the proper position?

Are you positive you have it routed correctly per the FSM? (www.infinitiservicemanual.com if not)

Are you sure the tensioner is fully compressed?

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

BCLUTE wrote:SO I just changed my alternator, and was able to get everything bolted back on including the electrical and the two long atl bolts. problem is, now I can't get the serp belt back on to save my life. Is there a trick to doing this? I still have the tensioner pulley loose, by having and Allen wrench stuck through each hole so it doesn't spring back to it's default position. PLEASE PLEASE, if anyone has run into this issue, or know how to fix it let me know. This is the only big thing left on getting my car back up and running.

Thank you!!
Have you checked the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G37/Sedan/2011/MA.pdf

See page MA 15

WARNING:
Be sure to perform the this
step when engine is stopped.
• Check that the indicator (C) (notch on fixed side) of
drive belt auto-tensioner is within the possible use range
(A).
NOTE:
• Check the drive belt auto-tensioner indication when the engine is cold.
• When new drive belt is installed, the indicator (notch
on fixed side) should be within the range (B) in the fig-
ure.
• Visually check the entire drive belt for wear, damage or crack.
• If the indicator (notch on fixed side) is out of the possible use range or belt is damaged, replace drive belt.

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”