Serious Skyline Purchase Help

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
WRXtasy

I'm currently dealing with a small company looking at importing an 89 GT-R. the car has 40,000km on it, but has 1 blown turbo. I was just curious what would be a decent price for this vehicle, and if anyone had a site for parts dealers in the US, not performance only necessacarily, but for standard parts as well, in case replacement parts need to be ordered. I'm a very serious Skyline purchaser, and if somebody could either msg me on aim, or reply to this thread I'd greatly appreciate it. I prefer current US Skyline owners, however anyone is more than welcome to help me out with this issue.

Thanks!Wes

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

First of all, where are you located? If you are in the U.S., then the car won't be street-legal unless you are going through Motorex or RBmotoring.

An 89 GTR typically goes for high $20k to low $30k's for a U.S. registered car. Knock off a few thousand $ for the blown turbo. Knock off about $15k for a non-registered one.

As for parts, your local Nissan dealer may be able to get some simple parts (oil filters, brake pads, etc). For more GTR-Specific parts (such as timing belt, camshaft, etc), then you will need to get them through Motorex. Motorex can get any OEM part that you will need.

AREITU

The RB25 and 26 actually share the same timing belt. The accessory and drive belts should be easy to find, just ask the auto parts store to match lengths.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

AREITU wrote:The RB25 and 26 actually share the same timing belt. The accessory and drive belts should be easy to find, just ask the auto parts store to match lengths.

Drive belts yes, timing belt no. It may be the same as the RB25, but that isn't sold in the U.S. either.

AREITU

EZcheese15 wrote:Drive belts yes, timing belt no. It may be the same as the RB25, but that isn't sold in the U.S. either.

I'll ask RB Motoring so there's no misinfo'. For all I know,I could be wrong. :ylsuper

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

several manufacturers make heavy duty timing belts for the Rbs, that would probably be easier to get than an OE Nissan one and much stronger. If you have a local dealer willing to help you I have the Nismo catalog and can provide any part numbers you would need to order stuff. RBs take it personal when you let their timing belts break and really mess up your day:(

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”