Sequential Setup!!!

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
TrueSlide
Car: Stuff

Ya, I know everyone says its impossible to TT a 240, but what a sequential setup, have super small *** turbo coming right off the manifold and then off the exhaust outlet of that turbo have a moderate sized turbo that kicks in when the little one is reaching its limit?

Don't know just a thought.

aleph1
Car: 1990 240SX hatch MODS: class.

or you could just twincharge a Toyota AW11. Supercharger AND turbo. =)))

TruboostPerformance

Anything can be twin turboed, I have seen honda CRX's, S2000 and many other applications with twin setups...

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

HKS made a turbo kit that went on the FWD corolla superchager(japan only) yikes! talk about a mess of pipe. You could do twins, as long as you select the right turbos it would work fine.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

TrueSlide wrote:Ya, I know everyone says its impossible to TT a 240, but what a sequential setup, have super small *** turbo coming right off the manifold and then off the exhaust outlet of that turbo have a moderate sized turbo that kicks in when the little one is reaching its limit?

Don't know just a thought.

Take one look at a TT Supra and you'll know why. The plumbing involved is a nightmare. And it doesn't use a fully switching system. It spools one turbo initially, then it opens up a valve to spin the second turbo along with the first so it becomes a twin turbo set-up. Running a parallel system would be easier, but highly unnecessary. I'd say cost aside, space is the biggest issue of running a sequential set-up. Even in the Supra, space was so tight, the manifold was made to be really small and restrictive. Quite frankly, the Supra could have probably had the same spool up from bigger turbos if they would have been able to use a better manifold design.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

You could run twin 2510's but jesus why would you???

I toyed with the idea your talking about. I was going to use a T28 up front and my T04 on the back. Like C-Kwik said, it was a plumbing nightmare. Gave up on that idea...

WD

I am Technoman
Car: ???

You may want to go with a right hand drive car because how would this all fit on a US car?

jrc90240sx

I personaly think you would be better off with a SC/TC combo. it would be about as hard to fit, but would would be the benifit of a SC boost down low, and could run a biger Turbo without any real lag.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”