Sept 2005 "Consumer Reports" sports sedan car tests ... and the winner is ...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Hi, all.

I just received the Sept 2005 issue of Consumer Reports and they just tested the Infiniti M35, along with the Audi A6, Cadillac STS, Acura RL and Lexus GS300.

Their final ranking of all "Luxury Sedans" (I assume those that are in the same price range, engine size, etc.):

1. Infiniti M35 X (V6, AWD)2. Acura TL3. Toyota Avalon XLS4. Mercedes-Benz E3205. BMW 530i6. Audi A6 3.2 (V6)7. Lexus ES3308. Cadillac STS (V6)9. Acural RL10. Jaguar S-Type 4.211. Lexus GS300 (AWD)12 Volvo S80 T613 Saab 9-5 Arc

The red bar for the Infiniti was almost at the top end of "Excellent".

Selected quotes from the summary section and the car-specific section:

"The surprise of this group was the Infiniti M35, which is now our top-rated sedan. It even outscores all of our tested full-size premium luxury sedans. This well-rounded car has a ride and handling suited for twisty roads as well as the boulevard."

"Unlike some competitor's controls, the M35's are mostly user-friendly, particularly the voice-recognition system."

"Braking performance was excellent, with dry stopping distances shorter than some sports cars."

"The M35 is our new top-rated sedan."

"The M35 was stable and secure at its limits and it posted one of our fastest avoidance-maneuver speeds."

"Interior finish is impeccable with matte wood and inviting leather."

"Its lane-departure warning system alerts when the car strays from its path, which is of particular benefit to fatigued drivers."

HIGHS: Acceleration, handling, braking, powertrain, interior room, optional backup camera, fit and finish.

LOWS: Low-beam headlights.

Yay!!!! More Infiniti M35 sales will result, I am sure!!

Z

350zQ45a
Car: 350Z, Q45A

Old M never won anything, just look at the new one.

Rebadged old Nissans don't work, only new ones do.

Rex
Car: None

350zQ45a wrote:Old M never won anything, just look at the new one.

Rebadged old Nissans don't work, only new ones do.
Any idea how many tests/comparo's it was in? IIRC, I read once the magazines only test cars provide to them when they request. I wonder if they ever asked or if Inf. NA ever offered/provided one when asked??

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Rex wrote:Any idea how many tests/comparo's it was in? IIRC, I read once the magazines only test cars provide to them when they request. I wonder if they ever asked or if Inf. NA ever offered/provided one when asked??
im curious about this too!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Rex wrote:Any idea how many tests/comparo's it was in? IIRC, I read once the magazines only test cars provide to them when they request. I wonder if they ever asked or if Inf. NA ever offered/provided one when asked??
Consumer Reports only buys them, as far as I know. Their philosophy is to get them like us normal people would!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”