Sep 12th Sacto meet write up

Including HI and CA
Rockenreno
Car: 1997 BMW M3

Well there has been some quick poosting in the meet thread, but I wanted to make a write-up type thread for it.

People who were there (if I don't list you let me know and slap me upside the face):

Me in my 96 base modelquikroninstm heavytipsquik's friend with the Zthe guys from chico who bought 96sx's carJeff with the Silvia conversionthe local girl with the GTR manual-auto conversion (everyone can feel for her, the car was mistreated before she got it)misc other people came along with others, chime in if you're around

Basically, we met in front of Staples at 10, hung out and checked out everyone's cars (special interest focused on quik's sr20 swap, of course). Some crazy *****es were yelling at us from the Wendy's parking lot but nobody really knows what they were saying. Then some motorcycles drove through the parking lot in formation. Odd, but whatever. Then around 10:55 Jeff showed up as we were lining up our cars for photos with his Silvia conversion, but before we got a chance to really check it out a cop stopped in and told us to leave, so we did and caravaned around a bit.

It was cool because there were about 7 240s and a 300zx cruising slowly down a busy street and nobody could get by :ylsuper We also picked up another white s13 coupe while cruising, the girl driving I think was really surprised, it was cool, but we lost her after a few miles along with about half of the people, mostly out of towners. Along the way some guy in a Trans Am or something kept asking us if anyone had an "SR20 D-E-T y'all" and was constantly on his phone with someone. Ronin gave the guy a hard time, but I'll let him explain that. Some people hit a red light and we waited in a parking lot but they never passed by so we hit In-N-Out again, watched some crazy guys fight like p******, and called it a night.

Overall it was a nice meet, something to do on a Friday night at least. Shame I'm going down south in less than a week and I won't be able to hang with you guys during the school year. Maybe next summer?

:D

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who showed up, feel free to comment!

Sliding_S14
Car: Sliding from the Side

guy from chico would be me :)

Sliding_S14
Car: Sliding from the Side

also got to add i found an integra as i turned onto some road tryin to get back onto 80, turns out he was goin slow for a reason.... i was in 4th ready to shift down to 3rd when all i hear is a loud hi pitched whined as he pulled away. I just sat there in 4th saying "oh sh*t"

Nzo
Car: Driving, sleeping, and driving while sleeping

What is a 'gt-r coupe-not a skyine'?

Rockenreno

Nzo wrote:What is a 'gt-r coupe-not a skyine'?
An s13 with a GT-R badge on the back for no apparent reason ;)

Nzo
Car: Driving, sleeping, and driving while sleeping

Hmmm, sounds gay. Anyone know who has a white kouki in davis? Saw it pass by while gassing up at chevron the other day.

deftdrummer
Car: cars, drums, music, technology

i was there 10 mins. too late you fools were nowhere to be found! drove the strip a few times...then looked for a krispy kreame :-)

Rockenreno

we drove through krispy kreme on sunrise and greenback, but there are always a zillion cops there to kick you out, so we didn't stay.

Return to “California Region”