Sentra turns off while driving

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Rtraveler
Car: 2012 Sentra

2012 Sentra SR 93k miles - Yesterday my wife was driving the car and when she was slowing down at a stop light, the car turned off while it was in Drive. She put it in park and after a few tries it started up again. She made it home.

This morning, while she was going to work, it happened again.

There is no "Check Engine" light on. Does anyone have any idea what this might be and how to fix it?

Rtraveler

So I did some research online and I read that the air intake tube tends to go bad over time. So I checked it and it had a huge crack. I swapped in a new one and I'll see how the car runs tomorrow.

macgiver

That would be "un-metered Air " confusing the MAF (Mass -Airl-Fow sensor) ?? Next time , if ya got the time just DUCT TAPE stuff like that , the cracked one - that's enough to eliminate THAT as culprit , cause IF you may be not "done" yet , your not throwing money in the wrong direction , easier/cheaper to learn THE definitive culpret and then buy ALL of those part (s) , without adding hundreds $$$ to another hundreds of $$$$ you can buy later ,"down the road " - I know "It is what it is" :rotflmao with all due respect. :cool:

Rtraveler

The new air intake tube fixed the problem. The car has been running fine.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”