sentra or stanza awd??

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
irax
Car: VQ35DER Powered S14.3

i was curios.. was it the sentra or stanza that is awd in japan? and it has an sr20det correct?? just curious cuz i want a awd project car, and would rather import like.. a 92-95ish whole car and build up the motor a lil so that i can have fun with my friends subby..

matt4pl
Car: cars, anything fast, graphic design, lots of stuff

it's the pulsar that's AWD i believe. it has an awd longitudaly mounted sr20det with ITB's(super pimp :) )

sonorous986

the Stanza was AWD. it's known as the Bluebird in Japan, and came with the Attessa AWD system and an SR20DET. the Pulsar GTi-R also had a beefier AWD system and a beefed up SR20, but that's a whole different car.

soc_monki
Car: cars, guitars, dirt bikes...

the U13 (93-97 Altima) was also a Bluebird...they had the normal KA24DE FWD Bluebirds, and the SSS AWD Atessa with sr20det. the 93-94 Altima SE's are the closest thing around here in the states...LSD tranny, lower final drive gear ratio...a good bit built in Japan (93's anyways). too bad they never brought over the AWD/Turbo version :(

Kamikaze Tuning

Alright, I know this is old, but I never hear anyone talk about it, so here goes.. and reframe from flaming, I'm tired.. :P

I've been discussing this with a friend for a few days, and it seems possible.. putting the Bluebird drivetrain and motor in a Stanza.. I figured, if they're essientially the same car, this has to be possible, even if it takes quite a bit of fabrication.

sonorous986

theoritically it's possible, it'd cost quite a bit but no one's ever actually done it.

12er

AFAIK, actually 2 done it already, 1 in OZ, the other in Cali.. and another 1 swapped to NA SR20DE (i think) in the Philipines

sonorous986

wow, nice, i never knew anyone actually did the AWD swap.

i know of 2-3 people who've done a SR20DET swap, but no one that's done the AWD swap.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”