Sentra Fuel Pump

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
nissan_junkie

How hard is it to install a fuel pump in a sentra? mine died and the mechanics want 500$ for part and labour to install. Seem to me like it should be a pretty straightforward thing

Any help?

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

The part itself isn't that expensive, generally... from what I can find, a brand-new one runs a little over $200.

That leaves ~$300 in labor, so there must be a hassle to it somewhere. I've never done it, so I'm not sure. It shouldn't be hard necessarily, but it may take a little while, so that may be why he wants to charge that much.

I'm sure one of the real experts will show up shortly and let you know.

Welcome to NICO!

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

$500 is a straight raping to install a fuel pump. The after market high flow walbro pump is only $100. Which you don't need, but I'am just giving you an example of the price. The fuel pump is accessed from under the rear seat. Several small screws, undo the fuel lines (remember which one goes where). Make sure not to damage the fuel gauage when bringing it up from the tank. Once you have done that, you can now have access to the pump. Very tight space, so watch your hands, the lip will cut the piss out of you if your are not careful. Once you have got your hand in the tank, reach toward the back of the cradle that the pump is in and there is a release lever down on the bottom, pull up and toward you to release. Once you have released it properly the the cradle will slide in an upward angle towards the rear of the tank.

A few suggestions before you start any of this though. Make sure the pressure is relieved from the gas lines, don't mix up the two gas lines when you remove them and hopefully you don't have alot of gas left in the tank. If so, you will be working in gas, in a tight space with alot of fumes!

Welcome aboard, good luck and if you need anything else just ask.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”