SENDING ROGUE OUTSIDE U.S.A

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

my friend liked my rogue when I showed him a pics he lives in Europe in republic of Georgia and he asked me to buy him a rogue since they don’t sell rogue in Europe they do sell something like rogue its called qushkai if I am right but its nothing like rogue so I went to buy one for him and dealer refused to sell me a car they said they where not allowed to sell a rogue if it was going to leave U.S.A they said only way was to register first in U.S.A and then ship it otherwise they would not give a car but if I register car I heave to pay for one moth insurance taxes fees registration and inspection and even if I register in US new York state would send me title in about 90 days so that means 3 moth of insurance and off street parking in ny all this things could add up to $ 5000 before I can ship car ( I tried to trick system by going out of state where I don’t heave to pay taxes but they would not give me manufactures origin ( like title for new unregistered cars ) I just want to know what’s up with this why they would sell a car for cash why they care if I send it out of US or if send it to moon what deferent’s it makes for Nissan where in the world I am going to use my car ?

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Strange. On another Rogue forum, a brazilian bought a Rogue in the US and brought it back to Brazil, so it seems possible.

I am originally from France, and I know some people used to import some american cars and the troubles started when arriving in France (re-register the car, pay inspection, do changes on the car, pay another inspection, pay taxes, etc...) not when leaving the US.

For sure, manufacturers and politics don't like it, so they put a lot of hurdles to dissuade you to do it, but it could be done (the other question is yes, but at which price?).

The Quashquai and the Renault Koleos are the european variants of the Rogue, but if your friend has a lot of money to spend, he should be able to do it. May be he has to buy it, not you, did you check what the law say about that. Did you try another dealer?

shavimusha

to where I am sending car he will only pay about $ 2500 for taxes they tax cars by engine size so 2.5 liter would be $ 2500 plus about $ 200 for license plates and $ 500 for restaurant to celebrate new car ) we take new car to church and we heave it blessed by priest then we get drunk and crush the car at night ))) American law does not say I cant send my own car outside us as long as I can prove that its not stolen and it belongs to me so I don’t see why dealers are making it a hassle I did check 2 dealers this week one in new York and one in Pennsylvania they both refused I am going to try one more in new jersey this weekend ! Or I just will keep money and pay off my car and tell my friend I lost it )))

Leo2005

Hmm. My friend never had any problems with sending cars oversea but it wasn't a brand new. To me it seems to be if you don't have a title you're not an owner of the car. At the same time you can not get a title on your name without registration of the car. Why don't you try to talk to your insurance to register your car for 1 day? In this case you will ending paying insurance for 1 day. Register the car and cancel the registration next day. Wait for the title and ship the metal to the europe. This is the only way I see it.

philipa_240sx

Like Pescakl1 said, The Euro Nissan Qashqai is the nearly identical to the Rogue. The Qashqai came first, then Nissan changed the styling (also made it longer) and introduced it as the Rogue in North America. It looks different from the outside, but the interior is near identical and mechanically they are very similar.

They also get a few perks we don't: Optional diesel engine, optional manual transmission, automatic climate control, 2nd row sunroof in the Qashqai+2, navigation system, etc. There is also the 7 seat Qashqai +2 which we don't even get in North America.

Heck, I should have imported a Qashqai instead! We definitely got shafted for options on US models.

Buying a Qashqai locally must be easier than trying to import a car from halfway around the world.

Qashqai:

Qashqai+2:

shavimusha

Leo2005 wrote:Hmm. My friend never had any problems with sending cars oversea but it wasn't a brand new. To me it seems to be if you don't have a title you're not an owner of the car. At the same time you can not get a title on your name without registration of the car. Why don't you try to talk to your insurance to register your car for 1 day? In this case you will ending paying insurance for 1 day. Register the car and cancel the registration next day. Wait for the title and ship the metal to the europe. This is the only way I see it.
if i register i heave to pay almost 2600 in taxes and fees why ?

Leo2005

Get a used one then. You won't pay any taxes and you will get a title from last owner. Plus your friend will save some money.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Cool headrests. All FOUR of them, both front and BACK.

Return to “Rogue Forum”