Semi Pro photoshoot of the Red Vert

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
cereal2k
Car: 2009 G37S Convertible,2003 G35 Sedan

It's that time again (another photoshoot of my vert). This time I've upgraded my camera and attempting to take it to another level. I'll update just this thread going forward with new shoots. This was done in the evening with the sun about to set in a few hours. More day and location shots in the future! On to the shots!

Top shots from the shoot.

droptop01
Car: infiniti g37s convertible

whatsup cereal2k.. i see you have a drop on your vert.. i also ordered the eibach drop kit for my car.. except i also ordered 20 inch lexanis for my car too.. but i was wondering since you dropped it how has it been for you.. and also wnted to know how much you dropped it in the front and how much in the rear

cereal2k

infiniti_lineup wrote:Hot!
Thanks!

cereal2k

droptop01 wrote:whatsup cereal2k.. i see you have a drop on your vert.. i also ordered the eibach drop kit for my car.. except i also ordered 20 inch lexanis for my car too.. but i was wondering since you dropped it how has it been for you.. and also wnted to know how much you dropped it in the front and how much in the rear
Hi droptop01, the drop from a looks perspective is awesome. However as infiniti_lineup pointed out in another thread you started about how the lexani's will look, tire wear will be that much quicker.

In short, I'm keeping the stock 19s and running out the stock tires until they are no good. That has taken 4 months since the drop and about 9 months since taking the car. The last month of the 4 with the drop has seen significant aggressive driving. The drop with the eibach and the weight of the vert will cause the camber to be out of spec. I'm maxxed out on adjustment at 3 degrees. So I'm looking into maybe sedan stock springs or lowered sedan stock springs for the rear. Until such time, I'll be switching to directional lower profile tires (With a hight UTOG rating) and getting the tires dismounted and remounted and switched in the same direction from left to right and vice versa maybe every two months or so to limit the wear. Last alternative is to go back to the stock rear springs.

This is what approaching -3 deg camber looks like

The stock height is the same as the coupe I think to the top of the wheel well form 08,to prolly 10.

"G37 Coupe stock ride height (measured from level ground to highest point of fender): Front: 28.15" sport, 28.03" non sport Rear: 27.76" sport, 27.64" non sport"

After the drop on stock 19s and the stock tire sizes...(this is important for comparing)
1 week after drop
26.56-26.62 inches front right.
26.5 inches front left

26.125 inches left rear
26 inches right rear

They are not even and it seems they will only be even with coilovers, which don't exist for the vert as yet.
I've not measured it lately do see if there is any further change. Also this was before my second alignment after waiting 2 weeks to get the springs settled.

So, prepare to buy tires sooner than later, do side to side rotation with dismounting of the tire, check into some other spring alternatives if it's going to be too much of a hassle being out of spec for the camber. And you guessed it, no camber kits are made for the vert as yet (fingers crossed).

I just saw the IPL vert concept photos and that has a proper drop for the rear on the 19s. it should look good on 20s too.
Last edited by cereal2k on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cereal2k

cereal2k wrote:
droptop01 wrote:whatsup cereal2k.. i see you have a drop on your vert.. i also ordered the eibach drop kit for my car.. except i also ordered 20 inch lexanis for my car too.. but i was wondering since you dropped it how has it been for you.. and also wnted to know how much you dropped it in the front and how much in the rear
"G37 Coupe stock ride height (measured from level ground to highest point of fender): Front: 28.15" sport, 28.03" non sport Rear: 27.76" sport, 27.64" non sport"

After the drop on stock 19s and the stock tire sizes...(this is important for comparing)
1 week after drop
26.56-26.62 inches front right.
26.5 inches front left

26.125 inches left rear
26 inches right rear

Update after 4 months it's dropped some more. I'm in the process of replacing the stock tires with directional ones and seeing about trying a different rear spring or going to H&R springs for the vert.

front
right hand side front height 26.5 inches
left hand side front height 26.125 inches

rear
right hand side rear height 25.5 inches
left hand side rear height 25.9 inches

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

nice 'vert!

soul_hfk
Car: 2010 G37xS---08 QX56

wow really looks good :dblthumb: