Selling a Nissan checklist?

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
sentrastace
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S

think it's about time to part with my dearest Sentra. She's served me well over the last 4 years, but it's time for a change. I've never sold a car before and I need a checklist to go through to make sure everything is done right.

1) what do I need to sell the car?
a)the title
b) is that all I need?

2) The way she looks
a) I have a painted grill that wasn't sanded or primered before painting it (I left it in the hands of a silly friend) so it's all chipped up. What grit sandpaper or sanding tools do you recommend to do it over, and what primer and paint to redo it? I need it to be KH3 super black.
b) my beautiful silver rims were curb rashed and salt eroded to hell so I sanded, primered and painted them matte black. Those are chipping as well. What grit sandpaper or sanding tools do you recommend to do it over, and what primer and paint to redo it? I don't think I can afford powdercoating in my area
c) I'll obviously give her a good detailing and waxing to make her look brand new once I fix the grill and wheels.
d) The overall paint on the car has some scratches, chips from rocks, etc. Any recommendations on how to make these little imperfections look better?

3) she drives like s*** sometimes.
a) I am going to give her an oil change next weekend.
b) Reset the TPMS, as the dash light is on because one broke and I had to replace it
c) get an alignment because there are some vibrations
d) what small things should I replace to make her run and seem clean and good? I have a cold air intake. should i replace that filter?

4) Miscellaneous
a) I have the stock parts such as exhaust and springs. is it necessary to include these or put them back on the car?

Any help/insight would be appreciated. Thanks :)

MaximA32

1)
b) You're also going to need a current inspection/emissions check paperwork so that the buyer is certain that they can jump in it and drive it right away after the registration transfer.

2)
a) I would do some searching or ask some of the guys in gen chat if they have any experience. You would be amazed at the resources that are here. (as I'm sure you know)
b) I would do the same as the grille.
c) I would take it to a paintless dent repair shop or to a body shop and see if they can quote you to repair the chips and scratches. Make sure you do some comparison shopping.
3)
a)good call, I would also check the air filter as well
b) also a good call as lights on the dash are a BIG red flag
c) unless the caster/camber is WAY off, an alignment will not cause a vibration. Better idea is to have the wheels balanced. If it's available, have them Road Force balanced. Little extra but well worth it.

4)
a) chances are you can make the same money by having it stock and then make extra money by selling the upgraded parts on the forum

Hope this helps!!

sentrastace
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S

Thanks Kenny this def helped :)

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”