Self-Diagnosis Mode of Combination Meter

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
AdiGri
Car: Infiniti M35 2008, Base Sedan, Platinum Graphite

Hello folks,

Can anyone confirm that indeed, this is the right procedure for the combination meter (the dashboard)?

From the service manual (di.pdf - Driver Information System):
1. Turn ignition switch ON, and switch the odo/trip meter to “trip A” or “trip B”.
If the diagnosis function is activated with “trip A” displayed, the mileage on “trip A” is reset to “0000.0”.
(The same way for “trip B”.)
2. Turn ignition switch OFF.
3. While pressing the odo/trip meter switch (1), turn ignition switch ON again.
4. Make sure that the trip meter displays “0000.0”.
5. Press the odo/trip meter switch (1) at least 3 times. (Within 7 seconds after the ignition switch is turned ON.)
6. The unified meter control unit is turned to self-diagnosis mode.
• Dot in all segments of dot matrix LCD (1) flashes alternately.
• All the segments on the odo/trip meter (2) illuminates.
• Water temperature gauge and fuel gauge return to zero, and at the same time, low-fuel warning indicator
turns ON.
I'm following these steps, but nothing happens. While most things are fine on the dashboard (speedometer, fuel, temp, etc), the mileage indicator does not work (is stuck at 32405 miles) and the trip indicators are both 0. The service manual says that if the self-diagnosis does not start, the combination meter has to be replaced. I would like to make sure I'm doing it the right way before getting a replacement. I also intend to remove it and check to voltage.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Are you timing yourself? I know when I was doing the TB relearn, etc. it was a bit tricky. 3 times in 7 seconds should be easy, but you never know lol.

AdiGri
Car: Infiniti M35 2008, Base Sedan, Platinum Graphite

I tried it several times, pressing 3 times fast, slow, etc. I'll lookup other self-diagnostics to see if I can get those running.

mbissaro
Car: Nissan Kicks 2020 SV (Brazil)

Hi all,

I tried it in a Nissan Kicks 2020 (Brazilian version) and it worked! For every click on odo/trip switch a new code appears, but I don't known what they means. I've added more details in Kicks' part of this forum, to avoid off topics. Just posting here to keep the posts linked: diagnostic-mode-codes-nissan-kicks-pannel-t628777.html

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”