Can anyone confirm that indeed, this is the right procedure for the combination meter (the dashboard)?
From the service manual (di.pdf - Driver Information System):
I'm following these steps, but nothing happens. While most things are fine on the dashboard (speedometer, fuel, temp, etc), the mileage indicator does not work (is stuck at 32405 miles) and the trip indicators are both 0. The service manual says that if the self-diagnosis does not start, the combination meter has to be replaced. I would like to make sure I'm doing it the right way before getting a replacement. I also intend to remove it and check to voltage.1. Turn ignition switch ON, and switch the odo/trip meter to “trip A” or “trip B”.
If the diagnosis function is activated with “trip A” displayed, the mileage on “trip A” is reset to “0000.0”.
(The same way for “trip B”.)
2. Turn ignition switch OFF.
3. While pressing the odo/trip meter switch (1), turn ignition switch ON again.
4. Make sure that the trip meter displays “0000.0”.
5. Press the odo/trip meter switch (1) at least 3 times. (Within 7 seconds after the ignition switch is turned ON.)
6. The unified meter control unit is turned to self-diagnosis mode.
• Dot in all segments of dot matrix LCD (1) flashes alternately.
• All the segments on the odo/trip meter (2) illuminates.
• Water temperature gauge and fuel gauge return to zero, and at the same time, low-fuel warning indicator