Seeking 1984 Jideco fuel pump relay information

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
sean bean
Car: 1984 nissan king cab

I have removed and disassembled the JIDECO 28545-89900 fuel pump relay from my niece's 1984 Z24 King Cab and have found one of the resistors melted into a buckshot sized pellet. I would like to try to remove the existing resistor and replace it with a new one. I was hoping perhaps someone could tell me where I could find schematics for this relay so I can identify which resistor to install.
Thanks for any input.
Sean

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

the best place to find schematics would be a manual like haynes

these trucks tend to be known for chewing up relays but i've never heard of this resistor problem before

sean bean

Thanks PEZi720 for your reply. Unfortunately the Haynes nor the Chilton manuals for the 1984 Nissan King Cab make any mention in their wiring diagrams or in their sections of the fuel delivery system. Aven contributed a really good link on June 17, 2010.
http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Datsun-and- ... t-Tell-You
Someplace out there in the world there must be a data fact sheet or schematic that shows and identifies all the parts enclosed in this particular relay. All the parts in this relay except the coil are marked with printing or are color coded (mainly resistors?) So here I am trying to identify the resister that burned up (melted). I am searching Jideco on the internet hoping to find something but not having any luck. I am hoping someone could give me a pointer on how to go about looking for any information detailing this relay. Thanks.
Sean

fastboatman29212
Car: left this forum. Sold my truck.

I just looked through my 1984 Nissan Service Manual and there are no schematics there for the relay. Sorry, but your best bet might be to find a salvage relay and open it up to see what the circuit looks like. Then again, if you are an electronics wiz, you might find another way to solve the problem. Good luck.
Last edited by fastboatman29212 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

so is it one of the resistors... or is one of the fusible links? just want to double check

sean bean

Thanks PEZi720 and fastboatman29212 for your replies. I have a burnt resistor what appears to be in the oil pressure switch imput trace on the curcuit board. I don't know about a fusible link unless it is under the plastic domed encased coil which I have not messed with. I went to our regional library and copied Michell's wiring diagram which does show the relay and where all the six wires go.I did go to a u-pull yard and get an identical relay which was intact with all its components identifiable except the coil. I took my defective one to radio shack and the resistor is less than dollar. The tech said he charges 50 dollars an hour labor to replace parts on a board. I am no electronic wiz but I know I can de-solder the existing bad resistor and re-solder in a new one. So here I am still trying to find a switching diagram for this 6 pin relay. I really would like to know how this relay is suppose to work.All I know right now is that the alternator,ignition switch, #5 fuse and oil pressure switch all supply voltage to 4 of six pins. Of the remaining 2 pins 1 goes to ground and 1 is the output to the fuel pump. Any ideas on looking for a wiring diagram for the switching on this relay? Thanks for all your imput
Sean Bean

fastboatman29212
Car: left this forum. Sold my truck.

way above my head.

Return to “Datsun 720”