sedan torque vs coupe torque

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
daddyo24

why do my 03 sedan feel like it has more low end torque than my 05 coupe,or is it just me.

adamG35sedan
Car: 03 G35

it could be due to the fact that the sedan has a a little more weight on the rear tires, that it seems a little more "planted"

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

It may actually have a bit more low-end. Hard to say for sure without dynos, but based on the torque and HP ratings, the sedan may have a broader torque curve at RPM's lower than the torque peak. The Sedan has a faster drop off after the torque peak than the coupe which may be because the cams are optimized for more torque at lower RPM's. All coupe motors(including the rev-up version) are optimized to have a bit more top-end. On the non-rev-up, this is apparent in that they did so by boosting the torque by 10 lb-ft. and they managed to keep torque levels higher through to at least the HP peak. Based on these factors and the nature of how engine breathing characteristics affect the torque/HP peak relationship, that's my speculation.

I noticed the loaner sedans I drove did feel peppier at lower RPM's.

daddyo24

your right about the low-end drop off in the sedan compare to the coupe,cause the coupe feels way faster at top-end speed,so i guess it wasn't me.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”