Secret Diagnostic Mode

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
ninjaserver

Hi there all. I am aware that the M has a "secret" diagnostic mode, and am aware how to access it. I was wondering though if someone can post the various features that can be accessed, adjusted, and their options.I know the rear camera can be accessed while driving....but what adjustments can be made...etc.I am just curious.

Thanks

(don't have my M yet, two months still she's here....so I have no way to check myself)

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

ninjaserver wrote:I am aware that the M has a "secret" diagnostic mode, and am aware how to access it.
And that way would be what???? Sounds interesting.

SilverShadow

superjv1080 wrote:And that way would be what???? Sounds interesting.
------"The 'M' has a "DIAGNOSTIC MODE" that is not documented.

Follow these steps to enter [at your own risk] into the diagnostic mode.

- Start Engine [required if you want to see all available diagnostic options]- Turn OFF the Audio system- While pushing the SETTING button, rotate the radio's VOLUME control either clockwise or counter-clockwise 30+ clicks.- You will then be put into the diagnostic mode.- Use the BACK button to get to previous screens.

NOTE:Holding down the SETTING button and rotating the volume knob a 2nd timewill put the diagnostic mode into a more "detailed" state offering more options.

------

Diagnostic Mode - CELL PHONE VOLUME

One potential use of the diagnostic mode is to improve the sound quality of your cell phone.

- The diagnostic mode has an option "Handsfree Volume Adjustment".- The default setting for this option is "MED".- Setting the volume to "HIGH" may improve the sound quality of your bluetooth compatible cell phone.

------

Diagnostic Mode - BACKUP CAMERA

The Diagnostic Mode has an option to adjust the BACKUP CAMERA.

- Not that I suggest you do or try this but ...While cruising in your 'M', you can enter the Diagnostic Mode [see above] and go to the "Backup Camera" adjustment screen. When you are in this menu, the Backup Camera turns on. It's quite strange to see the traffic moving at such a high rate of speed both coming at you and going away from you. I'll just leave the effect for your imagination.

Again, entering into and any adjustments to settings are done at your own risk. - DSTM"

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I would recommend getting hold of the M Service Manual from the Nissan/Infiniti techinfo web site. If you have a high-speed Internet connection, you can get access for 24 hours for $20 and then download all the information (including the TSB's).

I don't have the new M manual yet, but do have the older 2003 service manual. All these modes (and more) are documented there!

Z

superjv1080

How do you back out of DIAGNOSTIC MODE once in it?

I realize changing option is an "at your own risk" type thing. But I'd like to at least get in to see what's there even if I don't change anything. I would hope not changing anything would be safe enough...... for now.

ninjaserver

Sorry there mate, can't say, although I would think selecting some kind of function such as radio, map etc would do it. Perhaps someone can chime in. I don't have my car yet, just knew about the mode.

SilverShadow

superjv1080 wrote:How do you back out of DIAGNOSTIC MODE once in it?

I realize changing option is an "at your own risk" type thing. But I'd like to at least get in to see what's there even if I don't change anything. I would hope not changing anything would be safe enough...... for now.
You can just press any button on the control panel (Dest, Map, Route etc.) or the back arrow.

superjv1080

Thanks. I just didn't know if there was something tricky to get out like there is to get in. I got in and put my phone setting to LOW. From one day to the next, my wife said I sounded much better and she sounded much better through my speakers.

There's been enough fussing over the Bluetooth sound quality. I've seen people discuss altering the incoming/outgoing volumes but this is just another setting to hopefully find a better result.

waldis

this is pretty interesting. i love the tech. package and its got so many little things...like this one.

i am going to try it tonight.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”