Second Owner 1991 300z

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
SR20DETinPA
Car: 1991 300zx N/A 5spd 2+0

Hi all,

I just bought this 300z off of AutoTrader, link below. I'm the second owner. The first guy definitely put miles on it (130,000) but he took great care of it. This will be the third Z I've owned over the years, but I hope to keep this one forever. I plan to do modest upgrades, but mostly keep it stock. JDM tail lights, maybe rims, nothing too crazy. I'm in Towson, MD, anyone near by?

I do plan to completely re-do the stereo. Do we have any big car audio aficionados on here? Back in my day Boston Acoustics were the highwater mark for speakers, but I see they no longer do car audio. Who is the go-to for speakers these days? JL Audio was always my go-to for subs, but how are their speakers? And how about head units - what do you recommend?

Thanks a lot and I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Link: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
Attachments
IMG_2437.JPG

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Congrats on the purchase. I also have an Aztec Red 2+0 though mine is swapped and heavily modded. As for speakers, in the recent years Focal has been the name to beat in car audio.

SR20DETinPA

Ah very cool. Yeah, I've looked at several Zs, black, white, even blue, but I just love the red. Can't talk myself out of it. And thanks for the advice, Focal it is!

NolimitZ32

I personally also love (and have for years) the higher end infinity components ie. kappa perfects, but just like the focals, their high end stuff is PRICEY!

SR20DETinPA

Okay, good to know. I was always a - Boston Acoustics for speakers and JL Audio for amps and subs - guy. Never really looked at Infinity but I will now. I don't actually take deliver of the car until tomorrow and IT'S KILLING ME!!! I want it now, haha. Have any pictures of your car anywhere?

NolimitZ32

I actually don't have any pictures posted. Mine is in pretty crap shape at the moment, I was doing a massive amount of work on it all at once and the project stalled on account of my daughter being born so I haven't touched it in like 8 months. Its not much to look at anyway.

Monkton
Car: 1990 300zx

S2 RB25det swap

Congrats on the car! It looks great. My name is BJ. I live right up the road from you off of Rt 83 at exit 27 in the Monkton/Hereford area. I’m currently building a 1990 2 seater Z with an RB25det swap. Once things get back to normal you should bring your car up to the coffee and cars at Hunt Valley on Saturday mornings. hopefully you’ve had a chance to make out there in the past. I've only come across a handful of Z32’s there.

I’m no help as far as car audio goes. I’ve got a basic Apple car play head unit going in my Z and some aftermarket replacement speakers. I’m more interested in the sound track the motor is going to provide. Hope to see you around in the near future.

SR20DETinPA

Monkton wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:53 pm
Congrats on the car! It looks great. My name is BJ. I live right up the road from you off of Rt 83 at exit 27 in the Monkton/Hereford area. I’m currently building a 1990 2 seater Z with an RB25det swap. Once things get back to normal you should bring your car up to the coffee and cars at Hunt Valley on Saturday mornings. hopefully you’ve had a chance to make out there in the past. I've only come across a handful of Z32’s there.

I’m no help as far as car audio goes. I’ve got a basic Apple car play head unit going in my Z and some aftermarket replacement speakers. I’m more interested in the sound track the motor is going to provide. Hope to see you around in the near future.
Ah very cool. Yeah, I've been to the event accidentally a couple times because my son likes to go to Iron Rooster! I've never seen any Zs there, so good to know you'll be out! Let's hope the event can resume this summer.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”